EE brakes on a Colnago V1-R

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rosuch

by rosuch

Has anyone had any experience using direct mount brakes from EEcycleworks on a Colnago V1-R? If so, what wheels are you using?

Thank you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

For your information i can tell you i use EE and also Easton EC90 Aero 55. These have a brake track width of 28mm and an aero width nearing 30mm.

It's not a problem at all. So what am i trying to say?

Well, i think you can use what ever wheelset you want as i know of nothing wider than the Aero 55 (for road bikes).
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

ironman1

by ironman1

I agree, using the EE cycle brakes on wheels with 28 mm brake track and also on 22 mm brake track. Setting up I went to the outer limets of adjustment on the 28 and when switching to 22 id not have to change pad holder or spacers, just turned in width adjustment screw. The ee take a little longer to set up but just read the directions thoroughly first and follow.

rosuch

by rosuch

Thanks, I'm asking because I was thinking Lightweights but with their high brake track and depending on the mounting location, I am worried about brake contact beyond the track.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

rosuch wrote:Thanks, I'm asking because I was thinking Lightweights but with their high brake track and depending on the mounting location, I am worried about brake contact beyond the track.

Hm, there is a guy here which use EE and Lightweight. I think his aka is ID68 or something like that.

Craig (EE) is truely a super nice person. I think you should mail him and ask, he answers very quick and as mentioned, he is very nice and helpful!

Good luck!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rosuch

by rosuch

Thank you wheelsONfire. I did correspond with Craig and agree that he is very helpful. He mentioned that there might be issues and I figured what better forum to go to then WW and ask. I have another V1-R that I used the propietary brakes on and run LWs no issues. I thought I'd build another but lighten it up a little more. My other one weighs in at 6.37kg. Am hoping to get around 6kg for the second. Thank you for the feedback.