Saddles and my findings.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

shaolin

by shaolin

All saddle topics should be forbidden as everyone's ass is different. I have San Marco Aspide Supperleggera and did 400km on Saturday on it with packed backpack so pressure on my ass for sure was higher than normal. No problem at all.

Poulidor

by Poulidor

shaolin wrote:All saddle topics should be forbidden as everyone's ass is different. I have San Marco Aspide Supperleggera and did 400km on Saturday on it with packed backpack so pressure on my ass for sure was higher than normal. No problem at all.

Saddles, asses and opinions, huh...??? Sorry, too tempting...!!! :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Unneeded quotes are tempting as well. Please refrain from doing so.

Many thanks
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Poulidor

by Poulidor

Oops.. Apologies. Thank you.

batty

by batty

another important aspect, not as yet discussed here, is the fit and quality of the pad in the shorts or tights.
I am experimenting with alternate manufacturers, and I have only just realized that the pad degrades with time.

campyjoe

by campyjoe

batty wrote:another important aspect, not as yet discussed here, is the fit and quality of the pad in the shorts or tights.
I am experimenting with alternate manufacturers, and I have only just realized that the pad degrades with time.

Very true and some manufacturer's pads suit me better and like saddles, what works best for me doesn't necessarilly work best for others. I buy high quality shorts, but ordinarily don't buy the very top from most manufacturers. My price range for bib shorts (which I prefer) is normally in the $75.00 to $150.00 range. I try and find sales and buy >$150.00 shorts for less. I would love to try some of the upper end Assos shorts for example, but it is difficult for me to let go of close to $300.00. I'm sure the quality is outstanding, but I can buy 3 very good pair for that.

campyjoe

by campyjoe

I picked up a new Fizik Kurve Snake saddle from an auction for $85.00. I just finished my first ride (30 miles) and came away very impressed. It is too soon to make a conclusive judgement, but this saddle is comfortable. I'm sure the comfort is due to several factors and a combination of the entire package, but it seems to me the shell is more pliable than many of the others. I used the soft tip which came installed. You can definitely feel the flex while riding.

I did a short comparison yesterday of all the Fizik saddles I own. I rode each the same distance and tried to determine which 2 felt more comfortable to the muscles in the sit bone area. This may not be a good indication for long rides, but I wanted to compare the 2 that felt best on rides this weekend. There is a slight chance of rain here tomorrow, so I hope I can get the same ride in with the other saddle. The other saddle I chose is the Antares VS X.

I'll report back tomorrow and also give more feedback at some point on the Kurve Snake as I'm able to log in more miles.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I am a 6ft1 82kg rider. My favourite saddles are
Selle italia XLR XP X1 fit. I ride this quite often and have done many 200 mile rides on it. No soreness no perineum pain.
Selle Italia Flite L2 fit. I ride this every day. Just perfect.
Selle Italia SLR L3 fit. This is on my race bike. I can sit on this all day and I have. No pain no soreness.
SDG bell air I use this on my MTB and it simply comfortable for long races.
I have few other I get in with all Selle Italia's.

Least favourite selle italia flite 1990 simply the most painful thing I have ever sat on.

xena
Banned

by xena

My favourite saddle is a £20 saddle off ali express.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/