SRM PC8 mount

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cr3

by cr3

I have just switched to SRM cranks and waiting on the PC8 to come but i have the new Enve SES bars in the smallest size and envy stem and I'm worried the mount won't fit as there is not a lot of room. Does anyone here have any experience with this problem and or a solution over searching high and low on the web and come up empty. I found a few custom mount places but they didnt have a solution and thought if anyone would know it would be the forum. Thanks Corey

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I know one guy who had to create a custom mount for his PC8 to mount it to his new Venge Vias. PM me, and I can try to put you in touch with him.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boots2000

by boots2000

I had the Enve SES bars- the narrow SRM mount fits fine.

survivor

by survivor

boots2000 wrote:I had the Enve SES bars- the narrow SRM mount fits fine.

What is the stem that you are running? If the ENVE SES bar is use with ENVE carbon stem then there is really not much room left. If I recall correctly there is ~3 - 4mm space left on the left and right of the bar clamping area when using with an ENVE stem. If you are using a stem with a narrower clamping then you might still have a chance to enough clearance for a 3rd party mount.

cr3

by cr3

I'm running the enve carbon stem with it and i have the 38mm wide bars so there is pretty much no room left, I'm guessing on the wider ones there might be a little more but not with mine. The shop is at a loss and a few places say they are in the process of developing something as the pc8 has generated a lot of interest but most are still a few months away and i need some help now otherwise ill have to keep using the old garmin until i find a solution which is really annoying. i found a carbon repairer that might be able to do something with the integrated mount but i cant even get one of them for a PC8 as yet as they are not available only the older version made for the PC7. silly annoying problem to have and the shop didn't realise until the whole custom build which took three months is finished.

survivor

by survivor

I am running ENVE carbon stem with the SES aero bar too. Have to settle with ENVE own Garmin mount.

Sorry, can't help you much as I am not using a SRM PC8.

mrgray

by mrgray

does the pc7 mount work with the pc8? i am struggling to find a mount for the srm period besides the stock one (and that is over priced). problem with the stock one is it is easy to round the plastic which holds the back nut in place.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

cr3

by cr3

it does work i think but apparently there will be new mounts soon just for the PC8 I'm guessing because its bigger is doesnt centre the same as the pc7 up against the stem.

RyanH

by RyanH

Anything new on the market to address this? I'll be putting the SES bars on soon and need a solution for the PC8.

cr3

by cr3

i ended up getting the original mount and using a dremel to make it fit and has worked fine for a year now, the best option i could come up with.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

mrgray wrote:does the pc7 mount work with the pc8? i am struggling to find a mount for the srm period besides the stock one (and that is over priced). problem with the stock one is it is easy to round the plastic which holds the back nut in place.

Yep, the pc7 mount works fine. I have both and don't really notice any difference.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Carrots

by Carrots

Raceware Direct make a PC7/8 3D printed mount for the SES bars from memory.