2016 TCR advanced SL 2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rick222

by rick222

I've had this for a week now. A friend is a great photographer and took a couple of shots for me.

Last edited by rick222 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

martyh

by martyh

Got a ride report? Seriously considering one of these and would like some input.
Pics are amazing!

rick222

by rick222

martyh wrote:Got a ride report? Seriously considering one of these and would like some input.
Pics are amazing!

Yes, the ISP is fantastic I was amazed by the compliant ride it provided. Like em or not I'm truly sold on them. Bottom bracket is massive and stiff no frame flex. Sits lower by a good margin than my older TCR Advanced making it more aero in the same size M/L. I opted for the mechanical Ultegra mainly because I liked the color of this SL 2 and the new Shimano mechanicals shift so nicely. Plus I really don't need electronic shifting. With the overdrive 2 steerer the bike decends well, it's kinda point and shoot. I can say with all honesty it's the best riding and handling race frame I've ever ridden. The finish is very good, the color changes with different lighting conditions. Giant really smoothed out the lines of the bike, really flows nicely. The bike is very striking and I get a lot of positive comments. I have not tried the Giant carbon wheelset yet which are the SLR 1's which weigh in a 1425 grams. I've certainly heard good things about them and anxious to try them. I'll switch them back and forth with my Mavic Cosmic 40's.

AZR3

by AZR3

That's color is awesome, looks great!

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Really good looking! Giant's are looking better to me lately and this is one of the best.

rick222

by rick222

Uploaded a couple more shots...

AZR3

by AZR3

I'm tempted to quote my last post lol I really really like this TCR, it'd be on my radar for sure if I was in the market for a new bike

davetung

by davetung

Awesome bike. If I were to buy a new bike, this is what I would buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

How is the tire clearance? Do you think 25mm on wide rims would work? (I know they would fit, the question is whether there is more than 2 or 3 mm clearance in all directions.)

Fantastic looking bike. Read an online review that highlighted the incremental changes Giant made. Very interesting, particularly with regard to reducing material and tube size while maintaining or improving ride properties. Very good of Giant to recognize that a senseless, radical redesign was not necessary to sell bikes.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

awjpca

by awjpca

Beautiful bike, OP!

If I were in the market for a new bike, the TCR Advanced SL would definitely be one of the bikes in my shortlist!

Enjoy it in good health, it really does look stunning :)

Mr.Gib wrote:How is the tire clearance? Do you think 25mm on wide rims would work? (I know they would fit, the question is whether there is more than 2 or 3 mm clearance in all directions.)

Fantastic looking bike. Read an online review that highlighted the incremental changes Giant made. Very interesting, particularly with regard to reducing material and tube size while maintaining or improving ride properties. Very good of Giant to recognize that a senseless, radical redesign was not necessary to sell bikes.

Would love to read this article. Do you have the link to it?

rick222

by rick222

Mr.Gib wrote:How is the tire clearance? Do you think 25mm on wide rims would work? (I know they would fit, the question is whether there is more than 2 or 3 mm clearance in all directions.)

I just looked and it appears there enough clearance in all areas for 25's.

Poulidor

by Poulidor

Love the color. Nice looking bicycle. What's the computer on your bicycle..?

rick222

by rick222

Poulidor wrote:Love the color. Nice looking bicycle. What's the computer on your bicycle..?

I have a standard cateye to record general milage and a Cateye GPS for you know that thing called strava :D

stockae92

by stockae92

That's a great looking bike and great photos

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

5DII

by 5DII

how do you like the wheels compared to other wheels youve had?