Your choice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RussellS

by RussellS

Timmy269 wrote:I know, but that is the problem, they are both beautiful.

Are you looking at the same pictures I am looking at? What is the saying, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Neither looks very good to me. Not bad, just not great or very good. OK if you want a basic, blah bike. The matte, sanded black frame needs a coat of gloss on it to make it shiny. The black red white frame has an orangish color to the red. Its not RED. Its a mixed up mutilated reddish kind of color. And the black and white on the frame are matte, not glossy. Again, if BLAH is what you are after, you picked two good bikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BRM

by BRM

Like others I dont like both schemes very much.
How long are you planned to do with your bike?
Can you get other paintschemes in your country?
Do they come with same price?

An option will be to choose the BOB one and then after some time when you know for sure you don't need warranty, you do a paintjob something like the Sagan version.

Nibali

Sagan

Timmy269

by Timmy269

Here in Belgium I van choose off thise two colors, etixx quicjk step, thinkoff Saxo, Astana and cameleon of Boonen

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

!!! FASHION WEENIES ALERT !!!

Timmy269

by Timmy269

BRM wrote:Like others I dont like both schemes very much.
How long are you planned to do with your bike?
Can you get other paintschemes in your country?
Do they come with same price?

An option will be to choose the BOB one and then after some time when you know for sure you don't need warranty, you do a paintjob something like the Sagan version.

Nibali

Sagan

In the bikeshop I saw this frame with the DT Swiss wheels that I have. It will be this one or the one with te red. Not an easy choice.

tinozee

by tinozee

Go with the Red one imo. The lines of the paint sharpen the lines of the frame a bit, especially near the seat tube top tube junction and at the front of the tt near the head tube. It makes the sloped tt look less curvy. If it is a neon orange/red that is even better. It's hard to get true color in photos like this. The S-WORKS looks great on that one as well. So in summary, if that red is neon, get it.

The digi camo (or whatever that is) and the Nibali shark are terrible imo, euro cheese! And BoB paint is very 2012. Finally, I don't tghink it's wise to choose your frame based on the look of your wheels.

mattyNorm

by mattyNorm

If it's a choice between the same frame the those wheels are going on said frame why not choose the paint that matches the wheels better? I agree with many other, go red, all black is boring.

BRM

by BRM

Timmy269 wrote:In the bikeshop I saw this frame with the DT Swiss wheels that I have. It will be this one or the one with te red. Not an easy choice.

Your picture doesnt show.
You best upload it to an imagehost like imgur, tinypic, postimage.org, imagebam.com or similar

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Those frames look hideous. But on the other hand i dislike many Colnago designs to.

The black or red version looked much better.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

BRM

by BRM

wheelsONfire wrote:Those frames look hideous. But on the other hand i dislike many Colnago designs to.

The black or red version looked much better.

That it is not your thing I can understand.
Some people dont have any feeling and taste for design. They are stuck in their grey world.

You say that these paintschemes are hideous, but how can you justify the choice for the others? Seldom I saw such a boring, unbalanced, simple, 13 in a dozen paintschems as these.

I don't understand that big brands like Specialized use such a boring paintschemes (these normal schemes)
The BOB is a bit outdated and the red one, I have hardly words for. An average chinese supplier can deliver these days your chinese carbon frame in a simpel(chinese) paintscheme. Paintscheme that radiates that it is made by an average person and definitely not a real designer.
Here the red Specialized paintschem looks very familiar to such a chinese. It lacks everything.

Red and white paintschemes are also very long used already makes half the world has a red and white bike.
Not Always you have a choice but when you can I would go for a more personal bike than to blend in the crowd with a 13 in a dozen paintscheme.

The Nibali paintscheme is a nice airbrush. Mix of style, elegance and with a funny twist. Pretty good in balance.
The Sagan paintscheme is totally different, its contemperary style.
With both you wil have a bike with pretty unique and stylish looks.

If you reject these paintschemes ok , but dont do like the others are so nice, they aren't.

Timmy269

by Timmy269

I have photoshopped the frames I can buy. The third one is the one of the Ettix quick stepp team

Last edited by Timmy269 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BRM

by BRM

Your pics can't be seen. Upload them to an imagehost like Imgur / tinypic orso . . .

Timmy269

by Timmy269

BRM wrote:Your pics can't be seen. Upload them to an imagehost like Imgur / tinypic orso . . .

lannes

by lannes

i prefer the Etixx black, the red is a bit fluoro, which cheapens the look

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Svetty

by Svetty

Gloss black for me