Enhanced Empire SLX Shoelaces

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rgamble

by rgamble

The OEM white laces that came with the shoes had gone from grungy to unhygienic. I thought to simply replace them with the black laces that came with the shoes, but liked the white ones.

So I ended up getting replacement shoelaces thru the internet searching on flat 54" athletic shoelaces. Near the top of the 345k results were some made by sofsole.com which I purchased as they made insoles and such.

Here's the point. The sofsole laces, available in a rainbow of colors, are wider than the OEM version. While providing a somewhat different look their increased width made the shoe fit even more glove like if that's imaginable.

That's a tall claim but I found it to be the case. Worst case is you're out $2.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I had a similar experience as well when I needed a quick set of new laces for my Empires and grabbed some thin hockey skate laces. I found it odd that the flatter wider laces felt as if the shoe was embracing the foot better. The laces also hold in position at each lace hole better than the OEM laces, so on can customize the fit all the way up to the knot without the tension evening out after an hour of riding. These wider laces are heavier though...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nejmann

by Nejmann

You got a link for those laces who worked best?

rgamble

by rgamble

i have no connection with sof sole so having said that:

http://www.amazon.com/Sof-Sole-Athletic ... shoe+laces

note that you want the 54" (137 cm) version. I measured them & the OEM's and the sof soles unstretched are 1 cm wide whereas the OEM's are 5mm wide unstretched.

lovestheclimb

by lovestheclimb

photos?