Venge Vias Backlash.....

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

highdraw wrote:
Zigmeister wrote:Saw one at the local bike shop the other day. Man, anybody who has to run a spacer under the bars...will look super ridiculous. They had the full 3-4 spacers that are different thickness under the bars of course with no stem cut. I could imagine maybe with 1 of the thinner, it wouldn't look so bad, otherwise, it looks pretty silly.

Also, very hard to get used to those brake fairings/wings on the bike. Really odd looking as well. I know effective. But since 80% of drag is the rider. Doubt this bike won't save you but 5 seconds over any other aero frame over 40k. Of course, that assumes solo into the wind. In the peloton...any old bike sitting in the draft is as effecient as an aero bike.

That said, love my Scott Foil still, and looking forward to the new one, the Vias/Foil and a few others, like Argon 18 aero pro, all are following very similar designs, especially with the rear triangle etc.

Also, $6200 for the frameset along? Hardee har....

On the other hand, really liking my new Specialized Pro Expert saddle.

Zig,
Did you mean Power and not Pro saddle?

Apologies...yes Power saddle. Thank you for correcting my mistake. Enjoyed a 70m RR this weekend on the Power Expert model 155mm.

I was in the bike shop again today, forget to take a photo or two of the Vias on the wall. Gheez those terrible looking spacers under the bars. And those brake/fairings...whatever they are. Going Space Odyssey with that look..haha.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Je to, ako sme role Slováci. (It's how us Slovaks roll).

SLCBrandon, wouldn't worry about bike weight, Greipel's Noah SL comes in around 17+lbs race ready. So yeah...its the rider, not the bike. And he is 6' tall, yet rides a Small frame...haha.

http://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/gear/a ... ast-39703/

mile2424

by mile2424

Sagan with his new bling. Pretty cool to finally see a good picture of this in the sunlight...same paint as the WC Tarmac on the new Venge Vias....