thinking of Felt AR5

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BKSams

by BKSams

Go with the Felt AR5, I have the 2015 model and added the Dura Ace group sans the brakes. I will be going with the EE Cycleworks front and rear brakes, I changed out the wheels for a set of Reynolds R4 carbon wheels @ Performance Cycles on sale for under 900.00. This is my race/tt bike while my Specialized Roubaix is my training and everything else bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

BKSams: how do you like it so far? is the BB stiff for climbs as well as on the flats?

BKSams

by BKSams

addictR1 wrote:BKSams: how do you like it so far? is the BB stiff for climbs as well as on the flats?

I'm loving it, I live in a area that is so flat the only elevation around here are bridges and overpasses. As far as the BB is concerned, it is plenty stiff enough for the flats and rollers. As far as hills are concerned I can't comment on. At this price point the Felt AR5 is a tremendous value, it is fast right from the word go, I have a set of Reynolds 46mm carbon wheels that compliment the bike extremely well. You will see your overall speeds on your routine rides rise by 2-3mph and I have a Specialized Roubaix that i set some KOM's and PR's with that fell within 1 weeks time.

Alexvpaq

by Alexvpaq

I have an AR5 2015 myself, never had any issues with brake rubs though I'm light at around 150 pounds and I do not output that much power so that never was something I was afraid of, make sure you pick the right size though cause it's a bike with a long and low fit. It is an absolutely beautiful bike and mindblowingly comfortable. Mine is pretty stock right now except for gp4ks tires and a chain catcher, 56cm and it is iirc 18,30pounds. Oh and I had 105 5700 on my previous bike and this one has 5800, it is seriously smoother, feels like a real upgrade just in that very aspect, I thought it would be one of the things I'd want to upgrade first but really, at this time, except for the extra weight, it's fantastic. So when I'll be economically stable, wheels will change first.

addictR1

by addictR1

thanks guys for all your feedback. just got our property tax bill so looks like the AR5 is gonna take a backseat for a while. :(