Bullet Ultra Cult 50 feedback

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

novetan

by novetan

I intend to upgrade my Eurus wheel (having ridden for 2 yrs) to a medium profile and have in mind the Bullet Ultra Cult 50mm. I searched the forum and it dates as far back to 2011 that this Bullet wheel already existed.

In this forum, there were a handful articles on it but really nothing much has been said but it.

I wish to know is there any upgrade to the present Bullet Ultra as the model name seems to remain the same for last 4 yrs, unlike iphone 6 and its now called i6s. Wiggle is selling quite affordable at USD 1175, so just wondering is that an old model, if there is such a thing.

Most importantly, can some kind soul give me some feedback and advise on this wheel, performance etc. The other wheel i'm considering is DA 9000 C50 and which would you pick given these 2 choices.

Tks.

tmchen

by tmchen

I'm interested to know too. Thinking of another wheel set to complement my R0s

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

helldiver

by helldiver

Given that Bullets are basically an older design (V-shape, narrow 20,5mm outer rim width), i would rather wait for the new Fulcrum Racing Quattro Carbon, which will have more modern rim shape and will weigh less, while i suspect that the price will be around the same as for the Bullets.

novetan

by novetan

helldiver wrote:Given that Bullets are basically an older design (V-shape, narrow 20,5mm outer rim width), i would rather wait for the new Fulcrum Racing Quattro Carbon, which will have more modern rim shape and will weigh less, while i suspect that the price will be around the same as for the Bullets.

My interest will be getting a alu braking rim. Comparing Bullet (1590g) against Fulcrum (1725g), will be 135g heavier. Contrary to what you r saying, it actually weighs more. Ok, thats not really a great deal. As for V-shape running out of fashion against the modern rounded shape, I actually could be bothered abt this if there is no other advantages. You won't notice it anyway when its turning that fast.

I hv seen all over discussion the new fashion is a wider rim. My present Eurus width is a mere 20.5mm fixed with 25mm tire. The Fulcrum is 24.2mm. What is the advantage of a wider rim? Is it better holding in cross wind or providing more aero? What is the actual benefits? I'd assume a wider rim only adds weight, unless is mitigated by benefits.

fogman

by fogman

I was hoping to see a redesign of the Campagnolo Shamal and Bullet for 2016. Maybe 24.2 mm width (for both Shamal and Bullet), and 35 mm depth and Mille braking surfaces (for Bullet).

With the recent popularity of the 2015 Bora 35 and 50 carbon clinchers, I would think the Bullet would not be in as high demand.

If you are looking for aluminum braking surface, I would go with the Shamal Ultra over the Bullet.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

novetan

by novetan

fogman wrote:I was hoping to see a redesign of the Campagnolo Shamal and Bullet for 2016. Maybe 24.2 mm width (for both Shamal and Bullet), and 35 mm depth and Mille braking surfaces (for Bullet).

With the recent popularity of the 2015 Bora 35 and 50 carbon clinchers, I would think the Bullet would not be in as high demand.

If you are looking for aluminum braking surface, I would go with the Shamal Ultra over the Bullet.

I think Shamal has the same profile ht as my Eurus. Why shld I even be considering?

AJS914

by AJS914

novetan wrote:
helldiver wrote:My interest will be getting a alu braking rim. Comparing Bullet (1590g) against Fulcrum (1725g), will be 135g heavier. Contrary to what you r saying, it actually weighs more. Ok, thats not really a great deal. As for V-shape running out of fashion against the modern rounded shape, I actually could be bothered abt this if there is no other advantages. You won't notice it anyway when its turning that fast.

I hv seen all over discussion the new fashion is a wider rim. My present Eurus width is a mere 20.5mm fixed with 25mm tire. The Fulcrum is 24.2mm. What is the advantage of a wider rim? Is it better holding in cross wind or providing more aero? What is the actual benefits? I'd assume a wider rim only adds weight, unless is mitigated by benefits.

With a V-shaped rim you will be affected crosswinds more than a U-shaped rim.

A wider rim spreads the tire wider and you get more contact patch. As well, the tire profile matches the rim profile for better aerodynamics.

Wiggle says they have the Fulcrum Quattro Carbons in stock and they are saying they weight 1555g.

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

AJS914 wrote:Wiggle says they have the Fulcrum Quattro Carbons in stock and they are saying they weight 1555g.

Yea, wiggle just make up prices left end right regarding wheelsets.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fulcrum-racing- ... -wheelset/
1750 EUR retail price??? :beerchug:
More like 1.150 EUR
http://www.starbike.com/en/fulcrum-raci ... ro-carbon/
http://www.maxisport.si/sestavni-deli-k ... -2016.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com