Cracks to my seatstay. Is it safe to have repaired?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

topflightpro

by topflightpro

You can send those pics to Calfee and they will let you know if they can repair it.

I'm almost certain they can repair the first crack - the one higher up on the stay. The second one, right by the dropout, may be a problem though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

latman

by latman

Where are you in Australia ? there are many people that can safely make the repair here , including me on the Gold Coast as I have repaired and ridden similarly damaged frames before , the only thing you need to know is that the repair MUST be done with epoxy resin as firstly that is what it was made with and secondarily the bond strength of the patch is determined by the resin only and epoxy is the best resin available.
Attachments
157.jpg

nutty

by nutty

latman wrote:Where are you in Australia ? there are many people that can safely make the repair here , including me on the Gold Coast as I have repaired and ridden similarly damaged frames before , the only thing you need to know is that the repair MUST be done with epoxy resin as firstly that is what it was made with and secondarily the bond strength of the patch is determined by the resin only and epoxy is the best resin available.

Hi do you have the contact for carbon frame repair..price quote..thanks!