Unknown Colnago colour scheme

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nason

by Nason

Hello all:

Anyone knows the colour scheme of the frame in http://www.ebay.com/itm/rare-colnago-ex ... 1263447134? Theoretically, this is a Extreme Power "Performance" rare model. I didn't find the scheme nor the "model" in the 2008 catalog. The photos show also the serial number, but googling "Colnago Extreme Power Performance" does not produce results apart from the ebay auction. This very strange. Any other information?

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nason

by Nason

I've fixed the broken link

MJB

by MJB

I have an EP, it looks like an EP frame to me, carbon weave looks legit as does the lugging and tube shapes, esp. the chainstays and fork legs. The Selkof seatpost looks exactly like mine too with a slightly embossed clear coat finish.

But it's an Extreme Power Frameset, nothing more, nothing less.

However, the paint job looks very recent and to my eyes clearly not a standard Colnago paint scheme code.

Take a look at the frame serial number which has been masked for the re-spray and the rear derailleur hanger has been sprayed with the same paint - this does not happen with Colnago factory presented paint jobs. The clear high gloss finish looks like 2 pack paint instead of the deeper lustre - less glossy gel-coat finish Colnago used on these framesets.

Nason

by Nason

MJB wrote:I have an EP, it looks like an EP frame to me, carbon weave looks legit as does the lugging and tube shapes, esp. the chainstays and fork legs. The Selkof seatpost looks exactly like mine too with a slightly embossed clear coat finish.

But it's an Extreme Power Frameset, nothing more, nothing less.

However, the paint job looks very recent and to my eyes clearly not a standard Colnago paint scheme code.

Take a look at the frame serial number which has been masked for the re-spray and the rear derailleur hanger has been sprayed with the same paint - this does not happen with Colnago factory presented paint jobs. The clear high gloss finish looks like 2 pack paint instead of the deeper lustre - less glossy gel-coat finish Colnago used on these framesets.

Thank you for your answer. The paint scheme is the key. I think this is not original, because I can't find it in any Colnago catalogue

micky

by micky

110% not original.