Direct Mount Brakes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

REDUTOPIA wrote:
csteenbe wrote:Are the Bontrager speed stop only for Trek Bikes, or do they fit also on other bikes ?

I also ask the same! Nobody?

They're made for the Emonda, but I don't see why they wouldn't fit another direct-mount compatible frame if there's no interference. I know they don't fit on my Madone 5, because of the way the fork and headset meet.

ph

by ph

Is Katusha using Shimano DM brakes on their Canyon SRAM 2016 training bikes? http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-katusha-training-camp-gallery/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hexsense

by Hexsense

FIJIGabe wrote:
REDUTOPIA wrote:
csteenbe wrote:Are the Bontrager speed stop only for Trek Bikes, or do they fit also on other bikes ?

I also ask the same! Nobody?

They're made for the Emonda, but I don't see why they wouldn't fit another direct-mount compatible frame if there's no interference. I know they don't fit on my Madone 5, because of the way the fork and headset meet.

sorry for resurrect a year old thread, but is it likely to fit under the bb for frame with direct mount brake under bb?
I see that Emonda mount rear brake on the seat stay so i think i should ask before pulling the trigger.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I really have no idea. I went with the DA9000 brakes and haven't looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

ph wrote:Is Katusha using Shimano DM brakes on their Canyon SRAM 2016 training bikes? http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-katusha-training-camp-gallery/

They have been using Shimano DA brakes all season long in 2016. So have Movistar in the years before Campagnolo brought a DM brake of their own for 2016.