Ax lightness leaf/plus?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DavidMLee

by DavidMLee

Those are pretty good saddles.

If you dont mind few extra pounds, leaf plus would be better choice for you, simply because of comfort.
Legend HT 9.5 RED 22
Colnago C60 Super Record
S-Works Tarmac 2016 eTap
S-Works Tarmac 2015 DA
Cervelo R3 2015 UT
Cervelo S2 2014 UT
Spesh Venge Elite 105

Trainor6513

by Trainor6513

I ride a scapin etika so hardly a machine made for weight weenie territory few extra pounds wont make a difference

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

wheelsONfire wrote:
kode54 wrote:
wheelsONfire wrote:Just finished a saddle. Antares 00 cut out, all padding gone, just raw carbon wrapped with Shocktec 3mm gel.
Beats any foam i have used, but weight is a bit more for gel than foam.

You can buy that Shocktec gel and dress a Leaf with and it will damp vibrations and be super comfy.

interesting about the Shocktec gel. which one do you use? the air2gel or just gel?
i took my Leaf off because of the vibration from impact on the road. i suppose this helps quite a bit...and i can cut it and adjust the pattern accordingly.

Hola kode54, yes it is correct. The name is Shocktec gel. You got the 3mm version which is suitable. It is a huge difference. I can recommend it.

You just use a sharp scissor or scalpel and some silicone spray when you cut. There is one adhesive side which is sufficent for proper adhesion.

I cut out like an arc which i applied over the saddle shell. Then you use some silicone spray and go ahead and cut around saddle and the cut out. It's not that difficult.

Next,... - enjoy!
hey, that sounds great. maybe i'll put it back on as a back up saddle. i have 2 different AX saddles...so one piece should be good for both.

thx for the info.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

contaxxx

by contaxxx

Hola kode54, yes it is correct. The name is Shocktec gel. You got the 3mm version which is suitable. It is a huge difference. I can recommend it.

You just use a sharp scissor or scalpel and some silicone spray when you cut. There is one adhesive side which is sufficent for proper adhesion.

I cut out like an arc which i applied over the saddle shell. Then you use some silicone spray and go ahead and cut around saddle and the cut out. It's not that difficult.

Next,... - enjoy!

do you apply it over the whole saddle or just the end part and how much weight does it add?

Jmdesignz2

by Jmdesignz2

kode54 - do you have any extra Shocktec gel you want to sell?
Please let me know what you have an price :)

wheelsONfire wrote:
kode54 wrote:
wheelsONfire wrote:Just finished a saddle. Antares 00 cut out, all padding gone, just raw carbon wrapped with Shocktec 3mm gel.
Beats any foam i have used, but weight is a bit more for gel than foam.

You can buy that Shocktec gel and dress a Leaf with and it will damp vibrations and be super comfy.

interesting about the Shocktec gel. which one do you use? the air2gel or just gel?
i took my Leaf off because of the vibration from impact on the road. i suppose this helps quite a bit...and i can cut it and adjust the pattern accordingly.

Next,... - enjoy!

Jesper64

by Jesper64

Is the Shocktec gel only available in that translucent yellowy sort of color?