Major Quick relesase Recall

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lugan

by Lugan

Oh my god, is that ever a stupid reason for a recall. Humans are expected to take ever less responsibility for themselves.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I checked the calendar to see if it was April 1...
Nope. This is sad.
Great, first lawyer tabs and now some non-rider quasi politician will probably see the need for mandatory thru axles with bolts to keep morons from face planting.
Saving the world from people who can't see the problem and adjust accordingly should not be a top priority - kinda like allowing the dumb kid in class dictate the pace of the semester.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Tens of millions of bikes sold in the U.S. now need to be recalled so that CPSC stickers "Remove bicycle from box before riding" stickers can be prominently affixed to the bikes.

mattr

by mattr

Funnily enough, a lot of bikes are bought by people with very little common sense.

Some of them are on here. Most aren't.

mattr

by mattr

And FWIW it's a quick release recall. Can someone correct the thread title?

sungod

by sungod

isn't this an old one? sure i read about it earlier in the year

next thing will be banning spoked wheels as peopole may get theirs fingers caught if they stick them in there

mattr

by mattr

Yeah, trek ran their recall in the summer. This is everyone else.

jeffy

by jeffy

interesting that Giant are only models 2003-2004, whereas 'dale and S et al are upto '15
AFAIK Giant uses Novatech & DT skewers

Lugan

by Lugan

Stolichnaya wrote:...kinda like allowing the dumb kid in class dictate the pace of the semester.

Seriously. Living in the US, it seems like everything is reduced to serving the least common denominator. Beyond causing the rest of us to modify our lives, the real costs of this are enormous. For example, the cost of this recall will largely be passed onto consumers via higher prices in future.

spookyload

by spookyload

Saddly, I was riding in a charity event a couple weeks ago. The 100-mile course tied in with the 25-mile course at the end. I passed a lady that had her skewer facing forward and obviously open on the fork. I asked her if I could fix it for her. She said she could never get it to tighten down right and face backwards like the bike shop did it. I gave her a quick lesson in how to use a quick release and she was thankful and on her way. She had purchased her bike at a Trek Superstore in Albuquerque, and I was shocked that they didn't go over such basic things as QR operation when they sold a bike. Perhaps they did, but she failed to listen as they bombarded her with too much information.

shlammed

by shlammed

spookyload wrote:Saddly, I was riding in a charity event a couple weeks ago. The 100-mile course tied in with the 25-mile course at the end. I passed a lady that had her skewer facing forward and obviously open on the fork. I asked her if I could fix it for her. She said she could never get it to tighten down right and face backwards like the bike shop did it. I gave her a quick lesson in how to use a quick release and she was thankful and on her way. She had purchased her bike at a Trek Superstore in Albuquerque, and I was shocked that they didn't go over such basic things as QR operation when they sold a bike. Perhaps they did, but she failed to listen as they bombarded her with too much information.

she still has no idea how to work it.

AJS914

by AJS914

I just filed the lawyers tabs off of my Colnago fork. :-)

You know, they could just put the quick release lever on the other side of the wheel so it can't hit the brake rotor. My Marin CXR actually came that way and I was trying to figure out why. Maybe that is the reason?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Soon there will be a major recall of all bicycles sold in the US.
Apparently they require human power to operate. There was no warning of this on the product's documentation, and the retailers did not offer any information about this condition of use.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Good, maybe they'll put a free Gruber Assist in mine. O.k., technically, it's Vivax Assist now. But anywho,Ii think that will make me competitive again, unless the other kids have them too.