Trek Madone 2008 DA 9000 FD tuning help

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

highdraw

by highdraw

Calnago wrote:With the Shimano band type derailleur, the support screw or backing plate are not required. The band itself provides the necessary support. The backing plate is for brazeon type installations, and may or may not be required depending on the specific frame and how stiff its brazeon is or isn't, and whether if used the support screw can butt against the brazeon plate itself. I'm assuming you're using the Shimano 9000 band type front derailleur and not a third party brazeon clamp with a shimano brazeon front derailleur.

My bad. Sorry about that guys. Haven't played with the band mount DA9000 FD only braze on.
That's right...OP's bike is a '08 Madone. Sorry for the derailment...pun...ducks. :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I actually don't think the band adapters are the same. The band on the 9000 band type front derailleur is actually part of the derailleur itself. Not to be confused with a brazeon "adapter" which just clamps around the tube and supplies a brazeon tab for the brazeon type derailleur to attach to.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

goodboyr

by goodboyr

According to the manual they have the same part numbers for band adapters for di2 and mechanical.

probertsqbe

by probertsqbe

@Calnago thanks for the tips, I'll continue to work through this until I get it nailed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk