Question about Storck integrated headset and fork install

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lanierb

by lanierb

I just got a Storck Aernario G1 frameset and I have a question about the headset and fork install. I'm a bit confused about whether there is supposed to be a crown race or not. The steerer tube looks like carbon to me but there's no crown race (it didn't come with one at least) so is the crown race integrated? Here's a photo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/15bql3vmhe8t9 ... 0.jpg?dl=0

The reason I ask is I would have expected an integrated crown race to be metal, but it doesn't look like it is metal. Thanks!
CLB

2old4this

by 2old4this

I have three Storcks (Fenamolist DI2, Fascenario 0.7, and an Aero 2). First two came with two crown races. One is about 1.5 mm taller. Funny enough, I do not remember about the Aero 2...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

That fork needs a crown race, it is not integrated in the carbon.
Did you receive a headset with the frameset or just a frame and fork?
If the latter then you would get the appropriate crown race with the headset you buy.
If the former, then you may have a part missing from the headset delivered and should contact Storck or your dealer.

lanierb

by lanierb

(deleted to minimize confusion)
Last edited by lanierb on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CLB

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Interesting, I took some pics of my fork this morning for comparison as mine has the inbuilt crown race. Strange that there are two models of fork?

lanierb

by lanierb

Nope I was wrong. The thing I was looking at looks like a crown race but it goes on top. Mine is the same as yours and you are correct. It is in fact an integrated carbon crown race, which I've never seen before. So hopefully this helps anyone else with the same question.
CLB

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

That original dropbox photo of the fork looks awful flat at the crown. Must be perspective.
Let us know how it wears.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Stolichnaya - I thought the same thing when I looked at the Dropbox photos, wether it's the lighting or perspective/angle it definitely looks flat.

I also have. Storck Scentron with the inbuilt crown race, been ridden for close to two years now and no issue what's so ever. It does get regular maintenance to reduce the build up of grit and other material.