Cheap, light, relatively comfortable saddle options?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rms13

by rms13

I'm looking for a new saddle. Kind of intrigued by the spider style, especially the cheap ebay ones

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cycling-Bicycle ... 419c726e0d

At that price it doesn't really matter if it sucks or if it brakes in 6 months. 170g is relatively heavy for WW. I have seen some cheap chinese carbon saddles for around $20 and 100g but not sure if the comfort to weight trade off is worth it. I had a couple of friends that tried full carbon saddles and were not comfortable at all

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

I had 2 of those, didn't like them in the long run. I now try to get cheap Selle SLRs and strip them, very comfy.

The cheap full carbon saddles are terrible, the ones I had were about as flexible as a bathroom tile.

Note, my favourite saddle is a Speedneedle, so my butt has no problems with minimalist saddles in general!

rms13

by rms13

Marin wrote:I had 2 of those, didn't like them in the long run. I now try to get cheap Selle SLRs and strip them, very comfy.

The cheap full carbon saddles are terrible, the ones I had were about as flexible as a bathroom tile.

Note, my favourite saddle is a Speedneedle, so my butt has no problems with minimalist saddles in general!

Thanks. Well I decided for $8 to just order one and try it because it's intriguing to me. I'm currently using a very used Selle SLR that is 130g but starting to show it's age and lost any comfort it had