Recommended Carbon Forks?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Point

by Point

I've just had word from my frame builder that he unfortunately cannot get hold of the Carbon forks we initially talked about using, so I'm looking for something new.

Criteria is:

Full Carbon (ideally)
Tapered steerer: 1 1/8 - 1.5

I keep having a look but I'm either struggling to find anything suitable or anything in stock (UK).

Enve I like the look of, but they're a bit too expensive for my liking.
3t seem to have a good choice but I'm struggling to find much in stock (possibly the same problem for my frame builder)
Columbus - I can't find much in the way of reviews for these? Though Passoni seem to use them (sometimes), so could be worth a look?

Any others?

It seem's to me there isn't much choice anymore for aftermarket carbon forks...?
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

point

best advice would be bite the bullet and get the enve forks! they're good!

for the columbus, when we need their higher end stuff, we often have to special order it

for 3T - have just checked their stock for you at the i-ride - the rigida stealth are showing in stock and on special offer :)

sungod

by sungod

you need to consider weight and what you'll be doing on the bike...

i had a columbus minimal fork, it's reasonably light, soaks up road buzz, classic look, but in fast corners the understeer was terrible

changed to an enve 2.0, similar weight. hasn't got the looks of the columbus, on rougher tarmac more buzz gets through, but i can go into a corner at 60-70kph and know the line i'm planning is the one i'll actually be taking

both non-tapered, i'm 77-80kg depending on time of year, just a for instance how different performance can be, for cruising the minimal would be best, for pushing things it's the enve

Grill

by Grill

I had a Columbus Grammy on my WyndyMilla. It was fantastic, light and stiff. You can get them cheap as well. http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FOCOGCMN/columbus-grammy-monocoque-carbon-fork

Point

by Point

ianSWBB wrote:point

best advice would be bite the bullet and get the enve forks! they're good!

for the columbus, when we need their higher end stuff, we often have to special order it

for 3T - have just checked their stock for you at the i-ride - the rigida stealth are showing in stock and on special offer :)

Hey ianSWBB

Noo, please don't play devils advocate on Enve forks... It wouldn't take much to push me over the edge and fork out for the Enve. haha.

Grill wrote:I had a Columbus Grammy on my WyndyMilla. It was fantastic, light and stiff. You can get them cheap as well. http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FOCOGCMN/columbus-grammy-monocoque-carbon-fork

My frame builder has said he has a Columbus Grammy in stock, tempted to consider that, however I cannot find much in the way of reviews and I'm not sure how keen I am on not having straight bladed forks as I prefer that look. Intrigued by your thoughts on the forks though Grill.
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

Grill

by Grill

Read every WyndyMilla Massive Attack review. Forks are great.

jbucky1

by jbucky1

Are you looking for new? if not check out Alpha Q, they can be had cheap and are great forks. Enve seems to eclipse them.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

3T Rigida Team
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Spincycle

by Spincycle

I'd go with Enve, THM, or Wound Up

2old4this

by 2old4this

+1 for THM

thebuny

by thebuny

I have a deda rs fork. Price / quality make it sounds very good.

MikeDee

by MikeDee

Anybody think Enve forks are ugly? I'm sure they are strong and stiff, but they are too fat and lack style. Their big logo is butt ugly too. Compare to a svelte Ritchey fork.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

MikeDee wrote:Anybody think Enve forks are ugly? I'm sure they are strong and stiff, but they are too fat and lack style. Their big logo is butt ugly too. Compare to a svelte Ritchey fork.

The fork is ok.. The stem.. Well
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I'm with ya on that, but don't the new forks at least have some good clearance. That stem however... it's never done anything for me aesthetically on any bike I've seen it on.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pletharoe

by pletharoe

Get the Enves! They don't look elegant, they look badass!