FM 169 (R8) Hongfu - 2016 frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SL06

by SL06

Hi Lolek

Could you tell us more about the ride quality and also the maximum tire size that would fit on this frame ?

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aminier

by aminier

I won't post pics because mine is black as well. About the ride. I though initially the front end would be whippy, but its actually really solid. The FM169 is my 1st china bike and I'll say its sadly, its just as stiff overall as my Cervelo S5. That may be due to using T800 carbon. My only cirtique of the bike would be the seat mounting hardware. I could totally see it failing at some point. Since it's pretty similar to the Merida react and canyon areoroad one might be able to use their post vrs the Hongfu stock one. All in all a really good frame for under 1K USD

Also, 25c clinchers on HED Ardennes plus rims measure out to 28c and they fit just fine....

siriz75

by siriz75

When you say black. Did you opt for the Avenger design (with logo) or just a matte UD frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

Lolek, what's the frame and fork weight?

siriz75

by siriz75

Can anyone who went with a custom paint order comment on the paint finish?

Also how much time it took for delivery and receipt?

aminier

by aminier

I opted for no logos, just matte carbon. weight was spot on at 1150r for a 50cm. (uncut fork) 762 USD for price. Shipping took 2 wks. I dealt with Nancy from Hongfu direct. She was very professional. She returned emails within 1 day and knew the product very well.

siriz75

by siriz75

Great thanks. Size 50 if you don't mind me asking what is your height and cycling inseam. I feel I'm kind of in-between sizes.

siriz75

by siriz75

Sorry and the matte carbon , is it where you can see all the layup and looks pretty raw. Or did you put a coat of matte paint in it for smoother look?

aminier

by aminier

you are right, Its not matte carbon. It's painted black. I am 1.78 M but prefer a 10 cm drop from seat to bars so the 50cm frame w/the 53cm TT is perfect. typically I ride a 52-53cm size frame with a 120mm stem. Everyone is different of course.

macariolo

by macariolo

Hi.

I have been reading with interest thispost, looking for information about this frame .

I decided to write because I just bought an Avenger R8 frame. I can say that the frame quality is so good, similar to any of the leading brands. For me (this is a personal opinion) is so beatiful also.

I want to upload some pictures also, but I don't know how do it (sorry, I'm newbie).

Best regards.

macariolo

by macariolo

Sorry, duplicated post

SL06

by SL06

I have found this review of the Avenger R8 but good luck with the reading....
http://www.goodchinabrand.com/27720500070en.html

Could someone tell me what is the tire maximum size or clearance. Will it accept 25 or 28 mm tire ?

weeni
in the industry

by weeni

flavianosantiago wrote:For everyone interested, I was quoted the following price today:
FM169+SP169+FK169:$630
the headset:$15
ship cost:$85(to USA)
4.5% for paypal charge:$32.85
total price:$762.85

I also found mention of a 1160+-40g weight on Alibaba.

high price if unpainted (same materials made by same factory,but just their own design shape) , and why ask 4.5% paypal commission? other just ask 4%.
Good quality vendors in chinese with better price for consideration: Dengfu/Miraclebike/Longteng(shenzhen)/Farsports/Yishun/Carbonspeed(Xiamen).
web: www.xmcarbonspeed.com
Email: bellajian@foxmail.com

nherment

by nherment

Hi there, new to the forum (as a poster, not a reader).

My current bike is a 30+ year old 60cm Simplon frame that
- is too big for me (I'm 6'1", or 1.85m)
- has downtube shifters (it has its charm, but we're in 2016...)
- is heavy
- is not compatible with many of the components on the market today
- has served me well !

I ended up buying a discounted SRAM Force 22 groupset which led me to get some Chinese Carbon wheels (Yoeleo SAT 60/38mm) as well as the R8 frame from a local reseller.
Bummer though, I'm currently selling the brand new SRAM Force brake set to replace them with direct mount brakes (Ultegra 6810).

I don't need an aero bike with carbon wheels but I love the look :noidea: . Heh, what can I do ?!

I will update on the build, with pictures of course :beerchug:

Drypht

by Drypht

aminier wrote:I opted for no logos, just matte carbon. weight was spot on at 1150r for a 50cm. (uncut fork) 762 USD for price. Shipping took 2 wks. I dealt with Nancy from Hongfu direct. She was very professional. She returned emails within 1 day and knew the product very well.

Is that weight frame only or including fork and/or seatpost?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com