Kinesis Aithein or Caad 12?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

addictR1 wrote:MikeyBE: love your racelite! how does it do on the climbs? is the BB portion and the rest of the frame stiff to transfer the pedal power to the wheel? how much does it weigh with your build?

Well put it this way - I save my Cinelli carbon bike for long colder rides now.

I had no brake rub due to flex when in the Alpes in June (running 1450g handbuilts) - and I'm definitely stronger than I was last year.

Last year I had to open up my rear caliper a few times due to rub on my Cinelli (running campy zonda wheels). Did Huez this summer in 1hr 3mins on the Aithein (and there are no mountains to speak of in Belgium to train on!).

It is super stiff for me, but then again I've never ridden high end carbon - maybe this would change my view on what qualifies as 'stiff'.

Can't give a defo weight but it must be around 7kg with my tubs on it, that's according to manufacturer listed weights however. Could easily shed weight with new bars, crankset (thinking of getting a Red double) and saddle!

I've got a thread on the introduce yourself section with full deets on my Aithein build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com