2015 Trek Domane 6.2 Disc weight?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jacroz

by jacroz

Hi

I'm wondering if anybody knows the weight of a Trek Domane 6.2 disc? I've searched all over various forums but can't find it anywhere..! Reason for asking is i currently have the 4.5 disc which I like but i do find on the heavy side so wondering if I would get a much lighter bike if i upgraded..

Thanks in advance!

grover

by grover

My 56cm was 8.2kg. I sold it and bought a Boone 9...which has a cheaper retail price, better wheels and the frameset is actually lighter by ~100grams...no thru axles though. I like having the ability to put cross wheels, I like the shorter headtube. I don't like being limited to a 50tooth chainring for road use (can't get front derailleur high enough for anything bigger). I don't really notice longer chainstays, higher bottom bracket.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jacroz

by jacroz

Thanks for the reply!

grover wrote:My 56cm was 8.2kg. I sold it and bought a Boone 9...which has a cheaper retail price, better wheels and the frameset is actually lighter by ~100grams...no thru axles though. I like having the ability to put cross wheels, I like the shorter headtube. I don't like being limited to a 50tooth chainring for road use (can't get front derailleur high enough for anything bigger). I don't really notice longer chainstays, higher bottom bracket.