Colnago C60 or Sarto Dinamica

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

liam7020

by liam7020

I've had my Colnago M10 for a few years now but I'm having that creeping little urge for something new. Don't get me wrong, the M10 is a great bike and every single time it puts a stupid smile on my ugly mug! But hey ho this is WW and we're always looking for the bigger, lighter, smoother more up-to-date thrill etc. So with that in mind I've been lusting over the C60 and the Sarto Dinamica although I might keep the M10 and upgrade it with a pair of hideously overpriced wheels (Lightweights) or a new gruppo. All thoughts and comments welcome. Ta.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

micky

by micky

Why would I go with C60:

- brand (just like for fashion, for some people it matters more than others things)
- geometry (it does fit me pretty well)
- art decor
- if for any stupid reason i want to change, it's possible to sell easily

Why would I go for Sarto:

- light
- rather uncommon brand (yes it's becoming more common, but you don't see many around)
- custom geometry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

Agree with you on all those points micky. The Colnago geometry does suit me very well and if i was going for the Sarto it would probably be based on the Colnago geo. The Colnago ride is buttery smooth but I imagine the Sarto isn't too shabby either and it would undoubtedly be a tad lighter. The other thing which draws me to the Sarto is the fact I can choose to have a threaded BB - I definitely am not a fan of press-fit. Also even with the custom geometry option the Sarto would probably be slightly cheaper than the C60.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

Harmitc

by Harmitc

Although the C60 has a Pressfit BB it works very well. The cups you press the brgs into are threaded into the frame and being alloy are machined to a consistent tolerance. I run Campag and assembling in the correct manner has bought zero problems.

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

We supply both the C60 and the Dinamica and have ridden both

The C59/C60 has to be one of the most user-friendly geometries out there - I've never had a ride in the past 5 years on either of these and thought I've been let down. The geometry just works and always offers you more than you want, but in a smooth simple way, rather than harshness of the Cipollini test bike we had back along - that was a shocker!!!

A Dinamica built to the C60 geometry would be great, but an Asola with the C60 geometry!! wow - it'd be like riding a C60 on steroids!
We have an Asola in our workshop (it's our campag test bike - the grey ones you see in their adverts are Asolas!) - it's very light but feels very solid, so a great match up - tweek a few geometry bits to match it to the C60 and it would be the perfect Italian machine :)

Why did you head to the Dinamica rather than the Asola? was it a colour scheme issue?
we've just had the 2016 info from Sarto - their frames with custom geometry will be less than the C60 if you have a stock colour for that model - if you alter the colour scheme to another models or a custom one, then there will be an upcharge :(

Hope all the info helps with your decision making
Don't hesitate to ask any other questions if you have them :)

liam7020

by liam7020

Many thanks for that info Ian, very useful indeed. I did look at the Asola but I prefer the chunkier appearance of the Dinamica with the straight fork blades and the 31.6mm seatpost. In addition I already own a Simplon Pavo 3 which is only 840g painted, pretty stiff and serves me well as a road race bike, although of course it's not in the same quality league as the Asola.

Would I be correct in thinking that a fully painted Dinamica with BSA bb would have a similar smooth ride quality but perhaps be a tad lighter than my present M10 which weighs 1100g?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

Liam
OK - so the Dinamica has the smooth planted feel of the Lampo (aero road bike) but the acceleration pick up of the lightweight Asola (race road bike)
So in that respect, it's a bit of a halfway between the two - similar to the C60 in as much as great at doing various things

Weight wise - with the BSA shell and paint, you'd be looking at 50-100gms less than an M10 - which isn't a lot, but the ride will be much more refined

If you'd like to come and try the Lampo or the Asola, then just let us know :) - we've got both here available for test riding

regards
Ian