Aftermarket cables for campagnolo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TomColnago

by TomColnago

Hi there,
Looking into aftermarket cables for my next build and i am wondering which ones work best with campagnolo. Alligator i links and nokon cables have caught my eye but i am wondering about the compatibility with campagnolo.
Many thanks, Tom

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

acetonehk

by acetonehk

Alligator should work well with campa. Some guys in Astana pro team use this setup.

TomColnago

by TomColnago

Thanks will look into that :D

aarw

by aarw

Tempted with Jagwire's Road Elite Link system and would also be keen to hear on feedback on that with Campag.

Have used Nokon with success but the outers are starting to look a bit tatty after a few season - they've lasted very well with reasonable maintenance including frequent light lubing.

RussellS

by RussellS

Word of caution. With 9 and or 10 speed Campagnolo ergo shifters, the end of the shifter cable that fit into the shifter was slightly smaller for Campagnolo compared to Shimano. The larger Shimano shifter cable end would get stuck if put into a Campagnolo ergo lever. Brake cables had the same size ends for both Campagnolo and Shimano. Not sure if Campagnolo is still using the different sized shifter cable ends with its 11 speed system.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

This comes up ever few months and the standard advice is to stick with Campy cables - especially derailleur.

The stuff is excellent quality. Not to brag, but I built a bike for a friend a year ago that has not needed a single adjustment.

If you must try something else you need to know that the Campy cable end is smaller and if you try to use a non-compatible one several bad things will happen. The other thing is that the derailleur housing is 4.2 mm OD and fits directly into the shifter. Again, anything else and bad things happen.

Campy brake cable and housing is generic, size wise.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

I've used Aican cables (both shifter and brakes) on 4 builds with Campy SR -- no issues.