Interbike 2015.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Jmdesignz2 wrote:How much $ ?
kevosinn wrote:Had a great chat with the guys over at YBN. The chains look great and I picked up one of the Ti versions.

TI chains retail for $199
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jmdesignz2

by Jmdesignz2

How much did YOU pay?
Last edited by Frankie - B on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed the quoted quote. guys, you are replying to each other. In a normal conversation, do you also repeat what the other person has said before you answer?

109er

by 109er

Vittoria is releasing carbon clinchers that are tubeless ready as well as the Corsa Speed TLR. Weights for the rims were approx. 385 grams for the front rim, 430 grams for the rear. Their hubs are a bit heavy, 120 grams or so for the front and 225 grams or so for the rear. I will have a set in the coming weeks and will be able to report on weight, ride quality, etc. Among other things, Garneau is releasing an aero road frame called the Gennix A1 as well as new shoes, helmets, and clothes. The Sapim spoke was ridiculously cool. But, at 16 bucks a spoke, that would make for an expensive wheel. E Tap was obviously very cool. Shifting is going to be a tiny bit slower than mechanical but is still very very crisp and smooth. I did not have much time to look around at much else. Interbike for me is meeting after meeting.
green jacket, gold jacket...who gives a sh*t

Krackor

by Krackor

Did you get your hands on eTap? Is the slower shifting noticeable while riding?

109er

by 109er

I did. I thought it was noticeable. You can't grab a handful of gears and to quickly change gears you have to hit the shifter super quickly and not mess up. Whereas with current Sram setups you can grab a few gears here and there. shifting down wasn't as big a deal as shifting up into an easier gear. You can hold down the shifter button to shift, semi-quickly. But this is more of a sequential shift up or down the cassette. It wasn't so big a deal that I wouldn't consider the groupset. However I think I would still rather go for Di2 or EPS before making the switch to eTap right away. I think the next iteration of it will be the one to get if you would like to make the jump to wireless.
green jacket, gold jacket...who gives a sh*t