10 Speed Campy

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

My girlfriend was just gifted an older 10 speed (2008-ish) Campagnolo Veloce Groupset on a carbon Bianchi. It came with an 11-23 (IIRC) cassette, but we live in the hills and she needs an easier gear. I am looking for cassette options to replace the current set-up.

Hoping for a 27 or 28 in the rear. Can't justify spending $200+ on a cassette for her. Have seen Veloce for around $50 from the UK websites, but living in the States, I was hoping for a quicker shipping option.

Can an 11 speed campy cassette be used (minus 1 cog). I know Campy has different variable spacing with their cassettes, but is it consistent between 10 and 11 speed?

Any other 10 speed campy cassette/chain options out there?

Thanks

AJS914

by AJS914

No, 11 speed. You need a 10 speed cassette. I'm sure you can find one for under $100. I put an aftermarket (Miche) 12-26 on my wife's bike. Works well and was inexpensive. I went with the Miche because you could get a 12 instead of the 13. Miche now seems to have a 12-27 10 speed cassette.

Campagnolo cassettes aren't very expensive:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/e ... lsrc=aw.ds

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

acetonehk

by acetonehk

No you can't use 11s cassette.
Try to find on second hand market, also search Miche cassette which is compatible to campy

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Ribble has 13-29 Veloce for $35. It is loose cog so you can mix with the existing cassette if you wish for a custom cluster.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/cassettes-cassettes-campagnolo-10-spd-veloce-cassette/campcass450

I looked at Licktons and Bikeman both in the US. Neither had stock and if they did the cassette would be $100.

NEVER buy a second hand cassette.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

spookyload

by spookyload

Ribble ships to the US in under a week. So does Wiggle. Merlin cycles has great pricing on campy stuff too, but can't attest to their shipping times personally. I ordered a set of LOOK Keo pedals from Ribble on a Thursday and had them at my door on the following Tuesday. That is faster than I get stuff from Universal Cycles. Ebay might be another option.

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

Miche cassettes are even cheaper, only around 30USD (at least here..) and come in literally dozens of ratios.

BUT, if you have a shimano-compatible rear wheel, you can pretty much use a 10spd sh-sram cassette as well. Campy10speed shifts reasonably well with 10speed shimano cassettes (vice versa it's not true..) :o

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com