Silca's SuperPista Ultimate - Deep.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

And how about an automatic cutoff which is accurate to within 1% of what you set it to (in 1/2 or less psi increments)? O.k., maybe that's not so easy from an engineering standpoint.

But as I and several other have pointed out, just have a rotatable pointer which can be set to the desired pressure, as my 90s era Silca track pump has.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CharlesM

by CharlesM

:thumbup:

I asked about a blow off type valve with adjustable limit..

It can be done (and there's a version of that from the company that made the check valve I used to test the pumps gauges... But the unit costs @ $400 bucks on it's own and isn't meant to function over and over again in a fashion that would last like the pumps are designed to.

BRM wrote:...
Very likely Charles is paid for this.

Nope... Totally your call on the pump, but I'd appreciate you not making my details out incorrectly...

tonytourist

by tonytourist

HammerTime2 wrote:I'm waiting for the $451 (o.k., maybe $475) SuperPista Ultimate Alignomatic.

Why go for that, when you can get the Silca Custom Artist Edition for a mere $800?
http://silca.cc/products/silca-custom-b ... hard-sachs
:smartass:

boysa

by boysa

I had to click on the link because I didn't believe it.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

kode54

by kode54

boysa wrote:I had to click on the link because I didn't believe it.

same here. outrageous!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

steventran

by steventran

The Pegoretti Ciavete versions go for $1200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helmetbox

by Helmetbox

Anyone have been using the SuperPista Ultimate for years?

Recently, I notice my 2015 SuperPista Ultimate reading seem off.

I have 2 other pump from lezyne and topeak. Both of their reading are consistent with a topeak digital meter.

However, my SuperPista ulitmate alway read 5psi higher then the rest.

Contacted Silca, they insisted that the guage is accurate. Wondering does the guage reading require servicing or replacement?

uraqt

by uraqt

My SuperPista Ultimate matches my fumpa pump. Not sure how accurate the fumpa is, but because they match and the gauge in the silca is big money and made by a "real" company I am assuming that mine is as accurate as what silca says.. I think mine is 3 or 4 years old

AJS914

by AJS914

Helmetbox wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:04 am

Contacted Silca, they insisted that the guage is accurate. Wondering does the guage reading require servicing or replacement?
How could Silca determine it is accurate? How do you know your others are accurate. My advice is just to compensate for the 5psi when you pump up your tires and not worry about it. Or, buy a new gauge.

Helmetbox

by Helmetbox

AJS914 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:41 am
Helmetbox wrote:

How could Silca determine it is accurate? How do you know your others are accurate. My advice is just to compensate for the 5psi when you pump up your tires and not worry about it. Or, buy a new gauge.
Their replies as follow:

Your Super Pista Ultimate gauge is accurate within 1%. Do you have the declared accuracy of your other pumps? It could be that they are all operating within their acceptable range.

My topeak, lezyne pump reading matches the digital reading. But not superpista.

Helmetbox

by Helmetbox

uraqt wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:13 am
My SuperPista Ultimate matches my fumpa pump. Not sure how accurate the fumpa is, but because they match and the gauge in the silca is big money and made by a "real" company I am assuming that mine is as accurate as what silca says.. I think mine is 3 or 4 years old
Thanks for the feedback. Will try to contact silca again. Hopefully they can do something. Was wondering any zero calibration, if you look at the meter, there seem to be some space for calibration.

Helmetbox

by Helmetbox

AJS914 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:41 am
Helmetbox wrote:

Updates from. Silca, they will reach to my local dealer to have replace the guage which I feel its awesome.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

If pressure is critical use a digital handheld guage like a topeak.

Helmetbox

by Helmetbox

FactoryMatt wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:38 am
If pressure is critical use a digital handheld guage like a topeak.
Actually I have one digital handled gauge, but superpista ultimate is a quality built product, I expect it to perform up to its standard. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Agreed, yes. I wonder who makes the guage and if it has a country of origin stamped in it. Sometimes i think Silca quality is more sizzle than steak.