Pinarello F8 & Cervelo R5

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

audiojan

by audiojan

Been riding a F8 most of this season and it's the best bike I've ever owned (and it's been ALOT over the years). Yes, it's a bit heavier than the lightest bike I've had (a Neil Pryde Bura SL, which was sub 14lbs), but somehow that doesn't seem to make a difference at all, even on the steepest climbs (we have lots of 20+% climbs around here…). Super comfortable, extremely efficient (i.e. feels like all your energy is propelling you forward), and the most confident descender (gives being on tracks an entirely new meaning).

I would pick the F8 over any bike at this point...
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

Pinarello F8 for me!

I'm a steady power effort climber, so it suits me down to the ground :)
You have to watch it going down the other side though! - takes a while to trust that it really is on rails!!

Am just sorting out a K8-s for the winter - am hoping to get the same ride feel but with a little more clearance all round for them crappy UK winter lanes :)

MrRouleur

by MrRouleur

well in the end I decided for the R5 and now the waiting starts.

nobuseri

by nobuseri

Nice choice. Good all around bike and a pretty good climber. I had an R3 only because I couldn't find a decent deal on an R5 at the time.

Enjoy the ride!
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

srshaw

by srshaw

Zitter wrote:Unless you're a cat 1/pro, be prepared to get laughed at if you show up at a crit on an F8. If you want a nice high end crit/rolling bike that won't seem out of place, I'd go with a Cervelo S3

Why would that be funny?

Zitter

by Zitter

Maybe not laughed at, but with the risk of crashes, it would be silly to use a personal bike worth that much in the lower categories. Would be much more worthwhile to get a cheaper racing bike and save your nice bike, unless you don't mind the cost of replacement.

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

PSM wrote:F8 is cooler.

relatively
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

stanseven

by stanseven

srshaw wrote:
Zitter wrote:Unless you're a cat 1/pro, be prepared to get laughed at if you show up at a crit on an F8. If you want a nice high end crit/rolling bike that won't seem out of place, I'd go with a Cervelo S3

Why would that be funny?

Many riders use an older bike for crits because crashes are frequent. Older Cannondales are a favorite because they are stiff, light, have the right geometry (depending on the model), and you can find them cheap.