Look 795 aerolight any opinions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Are there any opinions on here as to how aerodynamic this bike is. I have decided to get are aerodynamic frameset and I like the look of this one. So given it appears to use all the tricks is it a wise buy or should I just get one of the usual suspects cervelo s5 for example.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Corrected the title it is the 795 aerolight I am wondering about.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

bm0p700f wrote:Are there any opinions on here as to how aerodynamic this bike is. I have decided to get are aerodynamic frameset and I like the look of this one. So given it appears to use all the tricks is it a wise buy or should I just get one of the usual suspects cervelo s5 for example.

Hi,

you should check with Jedi Sports in Germany which sell Cervelo and Look. Symen who owns JS is a nice person.

Go ahead and ask her a bit of these frames.

Good luck!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I think I read somewhere that the brakes on the aerolight are not compatible with campagnolo brake levers can anyone conform this maybe pez I know he has at least ridden one. Also cable routing for the aerolight how annoying is it. I like the idea of what they have done but given I am a mechanic with little spare time what I don't want is a bike that is simply a pain to maintain. I suspect this is not going to be a big issue but how long has it taken some one to cable up the brakes and install di2 to this bike. I have worked on some bikes whose routing have been shall we say a pain like my wife's bike.

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

There is no major problems installing cables and Di2 wiring on 795, if you know what you are doing.
795 Aerolight frame comes with preinstalled rear Direct-Mount Shimano brake that is in the price of the frame.
So ditch the campagnolo and buy Shimano Di2 if you want 795, simple as that.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Well I enquired about the look frame today and frameset only is possible ten week wait though for the xl size just waiting on a price. But I think this will be no. 15. Might have to sell a couple to make space though.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Got a price for the frameset. 10 week wait it will be worth it.

lewis33

by lewis33

I had a test ride on the weekend on the 795, reaaly nice bike, only porblem was, when i got out of saddle, my legs were hitting the top tube, when i was moving bike from side to side!! its put me off a bit

jimborello

by jimborello

I saw one the other day and it didnt impress me aestethically. But if you like it plenty of reviews say the frame with the integrated everything is not worth it, the option with the regular is cheaper and better

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

I disagree a little. I'm sure that the fully integrated version doesn't justify its price tag entirely, but if I was going to get a 795, I'd feel I'd half-arsed it if I didn't go all the way.