Campagnolo EPS shifting problem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Martin.F

by Martin.F

Hi!

I have a Campagnolo record EPS groupset that I've used for around 2000hours, and now it's starting to have some problems. The motor seems to have "weakened", so it cant shift to a larger cog in the back. It stops at the 19t cog on my 11-25 cassette (19-21-23-25), and won't shift further. It shifts if i help it a little bit by pushing it. Is this just a worn and tired rear derailleur that needs to be replaced? I've crashed it 1 time, but that is some hundred hours ago, so I doubt it's that.

Is there any reset I can try to fix this? Is it broken? Do I need to buy a new one, or do you think I can hope to get a new on warranty? They state 3 years warranty, and it is 2 years 8 months now.

Best regards,
Martin

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

XCProMD

by XCProMD

You are still in warranty period, take it to where you bought it from ASAP.

Anyway, and even if it is hard to tell without seeing the RDthe symptom you describe is usually caused by something wrapped around the leadscrew. More unlikely, it could be than in the crash you describe this leadscrew would bend. Either case is easy to fix, but I'd suggest checking with your dealer first.

Martin.F

by Martin.F

Thats the problem. I worked at that place, but it ran out of business... Now there are no campy dealers close.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Contact the country dealer then.