New Ride for 2016, which Frame?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gravity

by gravity

wow really nice TCR. what frame size is that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ichobi

by ichobi

I'd say canyon aeroad.
Plenty stiff. Good enough for kristoff and valverde, good enough for me.

More comfort than most aero bike. Dampen the buzz well but retain good tarmac feeling.

Aeroness conparable to Cervelo s5 from tour magazine.

Looks sick.

The bad part - the geo is extremely aggressive especially with aero handlebar since it comea with horizontal stem. Drop is deep you need to be rea flexible.

Also completed bike value is beyons belief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chazmtb

by chazmtb

Test ride the Felt AR. Slippery fast and very very comfortable. I haven't ridden other aero bikes but have an AR and cento uno and the Felt felt more comfortable. Stiff too.

mimason

by mimason

Two guys on the ride last Saturday on the new TCR ADV SL as pictured above. It looks very nice in person. 15lb out of the box stock without trying to lighten it up.

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

Personally I love the look of the Bianchi Oltr2 in Black and the Derosa Protos (but that's very expensive), also Colnago c60, Pinarello Dogma K looks fab, not keen on the F8 although Pinarello's don't seem to fit me.

Owned lots of american bikes over the years and none left much of an impression (although all very competent) except my Litespeed Ghisallo. Had an original Trek OCLV and a first gen Madonne, Giant TCR composite, Scott carbon, Specialized Tarmac. Only bike I really (really really) regret selling was my 2006 Derosa Protos.
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

Grill

by Grill

Scott is Swiss and Giant is Taiwanese.

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

Well that hardly changes the sentiment does it? wherever they're from the response to the OP still stands.
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

lrdunc

by lrdunc

I really like that TCR...and the Aeroad. There are some really nice looking Aeroads on these boards.

stoney

by stoney

Grill wrote:Scott is Swiss and Giant is Taiwanese.

Giant probably manufactures the Scott frames.

Fiery

by Fiery

han1337 wrote:Does anyone have experience with Willier Centro1AIR?

I had a chance to test ride it a few months ago, along with the Zero 7 and a few other bikes. Cento1AIR left the best impression of the bunch - super quick and nimble, immediate acceleration, it actually felt lighter than the Zero 7. It was just a short test ride, but I would definitely love to spend some more time on that bike.

skidmark

by skidmark

Fiery wrote:
han1337 wrote:Does anyone have experience with Willier Centro1AIR?

I had a chance to test ride it a few months ago, along with the Zero 7 and a few other bikes. Cento1AIR left the best impression of the bunch - super quick and nimble, immediate acceleration, it actually felt lighter than the Zero 7. It was just a short test ride, but I would definitely love to spend some more time on that bike.

I am lucky enough to be running a Wilier Cento1AiR and a 2015 S-Works Tarmac at the moment. Both share wheelsets, both are running Super Record.

I love the Wilier - it offers a decent ride for an aero bike (as long as you're using 25mm tyres) but it's a bit heavy. My size small weighs in at just under 8kg (including Garmin Vectors, cages, garmin etc). It holds speed well and I find it very stiff torsionally - especially at the front end which was a nice surprise to me. I also really like the way it looks. It's a stunner.

ImageTaken just before the prologue of the Tour of Al Zubarah. Wearing 2015 Zipp 404 CC, 110mm Zipp Sprint stem and new Garmin Vector pedals. by Paul Cowland, on Flickr

However,

I love the S-Works Tarmac more. For some reason, stats coming from my Garmin say I'm faster on the Tarmac in every situation. It's also a comfier ride. Acceleration is excellent - the bike feels as if it lurches forward with every pedal stroke. It's so much fun to ride.
My 52cm Tarmac weighs in at a little over 7kg with it's full riding gear on but it climbs like a billy goat and handles like it's on rails. It may be a "common as muck" Specialized but I reckon this frame is about as good as you can get at the moment. If you see your bike as a tool to help you enjoy cycling in the best possible way - buy a Tarmac. This frame has won three grand tours already so it must be alright.

ImageCampagnolo Super Record S Works Tarmac 2015 by Paul Cowland, on Flickr

Grill

by Grill

stoney wrote:
Grill wrote:Scott is Swiss and Giant is Taiwanese.

Giant probably manufactures the Scott frames.

Most of them. Some are still done by Tentec. Doesn't change that they're a Swiss company though.

natiedean24

by natiedean24

Felt AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marin

by Marin

Hongfu FM082, someone has to be the guinea pig!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

survivor

by survivor

This one....

And the end product... :thumbup:

Full gallery here :beerchug: :

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&p=1167965#p1167965