Time Skylon? vs 2016 Madone vs S-Works Tarmac vs F8 vs ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mimason

by mimason

mtnbikerva1 wrote:I am also curious what happens when something impacts the middle of the top tube or mid down tube, on bikes. Crash replacement? Cost to the owner? Shops are not willing to give specifics.
What if the bike falls over against the corner of the brick wall. What if I crash the bike into something Like a curb, post,etc.?

The language in my F8 warranty from Pinarello indicated that it is eligible for crash replacment as well. I know this is the case for Cervelo as I owned one previously as well as Specialized, Giant and Trek but you may be subject to a case by case scenario and available inventory from manufacturer.

AJS914

by AJS914

mtnbikerva1 wrote:I am also curious what happens when something impacts the middle of the top tube or mid down tube, on bikes. Crash replacement? Cost to the owner? Shops are not willing to give specifics.
What if the bike falls over against the corner of the brick wall. What if I crash the bike into something Like a curb, post,etc.?

If any of that happens you get it repaired. It's actually comforting to know that carbon is so easily repaired.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

XCProMD

by XCProMD

^This. Easiest material to repair by far.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

But how is it repaired? From outside only, or inside and outside?

Some just patch it up (no thanks).

I just looked at a thread with a repaired F8 and it was not looking good.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

AJS914

by AJS914

http://www.carbonframerepair.com/index. ... r-gallery/

The only thing you can do is patch. Do you think they throw away carbon fiber airplane wings that get broken? Just as fiberglass parts repaired carbon can be repaired. There is nothing mysterious about carbon fiber. It's fabric in resin.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

That is not true. They reinforce the inside aswell as outside. I think you should contact a company who builds their own frames and see how they do a true repair.

Frames are built from inside and out. I should know as i have had a repair and a follow up of the process.

This is way i guess they are more or less forced to give you a new frame when they order frames from Asia.

There is no-one who can repair them.

So again, this is not the case when you repair a metal frame.

What you say is a repair is a patch up job.

This is also why some frames are semi monoque, they can undo for example a chainstay section you'll have a new one.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

ifrit

by ifrit

BMC TMR01 could be nice choice.
8) Condor Leggero 2015 Mavic Team :evil: