Garmin Edge 1000 Landscape Mode

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

ImageImage

Sure - see a couple of other angles here. The RaceWare 3d printed di2 mount is great. I went for the straight version, which touches the underside of the stem, so I probably should have bought the angled version. Still looks neat and does the job.

@calnago - genuinely is just a 'bit' of rub. The unit deflects more than you might imagine so the Garmin twists off quite easily. It's not perfect but it works for me, and the contact actually prevents any shaking of the unit over bumpy ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Parlee Z-Zero DADi2 & ENVE (6.2kg)
2015 Colnago C60 RSWH Campag Chorus & Mavic SLR (c.7kg)

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

Oh, and the Garmin on the mount does allow access to the port. At least with my stock cable. It's just a bit fiddly to remove the rubber cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Parlee Z-Zero DADi2 & ENVE (6.2kg)
2015 Colnago C60 RSWH Campag Chorus & Mavic SLR (c.7kg)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

survivor

by survivor

greentimgreen wrote:Sure - see a couple of other angles here. The RaceWare 3d printed di2 mount is great. I went for the straight version, which touches the underside of the stem, so I probably should have bought the angled version. Still looks neat and does the job.

@calnago - genuinely is just a 'bit' of rub. The unit deflects more than you might imagine so the Garmin twists off quite easily. It's not perfect but it works for me, and the contact actually prevents any shaking of the unit over bumpy ground.

Many thanks for sharing those photos! Nice Parlee by the way :thumbup:

So I guess putting on the silicon casing for the Garmin Edge 1000 with the ENVE mount is really pushing it eh?

Looks like my options are either the Garmin Edge 1000 without casing (mount vertically) or explore the option to use it in landscape mode or break the bank and go for SRM PC8.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

I already returned my ENVE mount. The interference is enough to eventually break the plastic. Enve updated the website after my emails to them saying the 1000 only works in one position. Buyer beware.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

look into rec-mounts. They are all over amazon... I had their combo garmin/go pro mount for awhile...pretty nice. Since I use the H11, I order their 1000 out front mount for the H11(in shipping)... RaceWare mount was garbage for the H11 bars.. wasted money.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

mr4fox

by mr4fox

my mate had the K-edge mounted to his SES Aero Bars when he was using an Isaac stem but now hes installed a PRO Tharis stem (to hid the Di2 junction box) he doesnt have room due to the wider face plate of the Tharis. Is the Enve Stem really that wide? So annoying when companies do silly little things like this. a couple mm here or there can make integration so much better sometimes.

At home sick..and bored today. Have Edge 1000. anything in particular you want to see displayed in landscape mode?

survivor

by survivor

mr4fox wrote:my mate had the K-edge mounted to his SES Aero Bars when he was using an Isaac stem but now hes installed a PRO Tharis stem (to hid the Di2 junction box) he doesnt have room due to the wider face plate of the Tharis. Is the Enve Stem really that wide? So annoying when companies do silly little things like this. a couple mm here or there can make integration so much better sometimes.

At home sick..and bored today. Have Edge 1000. anything in particular you want to see displayed in landscape mode?

If it's not too much trouble, can you help to see what other layout customization is possible to display the data field in landscape mode? I found another one from google:

mr4fox

by mr4fox

Struggling to attach files from my phone with a Max file size limited to 160kb...

Essentially, with each of the 3 activity profiles you can set up you can have up to 5 pages with (I think) up to 9 data fields displayed on each page.

Hope this helps

survivor

by survivor

mr4fox wrote:Struggling to attach files from my phone with a Max file size limited to 160kb...

Essentially, with each of the 3 activity profiles you can set up you can have up to 5 pages with (I think) up to 9 data fields displayed on each page.

Hope this helps

Thanks. This helps! Do you know whether it is possible to configure the left and right side to 3 data fields while the middle one remains two data field?

mr4fox

by mr4fox

No you can't choose how many fields(spares/rectangles) will be on the left or right or in the middle. You can only choose the total number and what you want displayed in each.

So for example if you chose 6 data fields you would have 2x3squares

If you chose 7 data fields you would will have 2 squares on the left, square in tye middle and 3, slightly smaller (shorter vertically) rectangles on the right.

For 8 data fields it is 2 left 3 middle 3 right. 9 data fields is 3x3rectangles.

Sorry, can't take a picture small enough to upload

survivor

by survivor

mr4fox wrote:No you can't choose how many fields(spares/rectangles) will be on the left or right or in the middle. You can only choose the total number and what you want displayed in each.

So for example if you chose 6 data fields you would have 2x3squares

If you chose 7 data fields you would will have 2 squares on the left, square in tye middle and 3, slightly smaller (shorter vertically) rectangles on the right.

For 8 data fields it is 2 left 3 middle 3 right. 9 data fields is 3x3rectangles.

Sorry, can't take a picture small enough to upload

Thank you. I think I have a clear picture of how the data field works now.

From the limited photos available online it doesn't seem so bad to use the Garmin Edge 1000 in horizontal mode. But I guess I have to try it out myself to be sure.

survivor

by survivor

There has been reported compatibility issue on ENVE Garmin mount with Garmin Edge 1000. I just want to share it here with whoever that is wondering about the same issue.

I got my Garmin Edge 1000 today. I am able to mount my Garmin Edge 1000 to the ENVE Garmin mount without any issue, albeit snugly. You definitely cannot do a quick quarter turn to remove the Garmin unit, but you still can remove it carefully. The difference is maybe few seconds removal time. Not big deal for me. I even manage to put on the silicon casing and still fit the ENVE mount. With the silicon casing there is no worry about the Garmin unit being damaged.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Well, on the ENVE site, they no longer list the edge 1000 as being compatible. The worry on the mount was not damage to the body of the edge, it was the extra pressure you put on the plastic ears of the edge mount. Plus of course the other design deficiencies such as no landscape mode, and sloppy hold because of single screw. Lots of negative reviews on the ENVE site now.

ctantra

by ctantra

I added M5x6mm alu spacers and replaced the bolts with 5mm longer one, M5x35mm Titanium Bolts
Edge 1000 seat nicely in Enve Garmin Mount, without worry :)

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Well, it seems that Enve agrees that this mount was a fail. It is no longer shown on the enve site, and is out of stock at most places. My guess is that Enve is either working on version 2.0, or has decided its not worth the trouble, given the other players in that narrow market.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com