Garmin Edge 1000 Landscape Mode

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

survivor

by survivor

Anyone here using their Garmin Edge 1000 in landscape mode?

I tried to google around but didn't find much. How is the data field looks like when using in landscape mode? Are they all in square boxes? Any data field customization available for landscape mode to be similar to SRM PC8? Anyone can share their screenshot would be very helpful.

There is a limitation with current ENVE Garmin mount to use the Garmin Edge 1000 vertically thus I am thinking to use it in landscape mode. I am using the ENVE SES Aero road bar with ENVE stem thus there is really no room left for other 3rd party Garmin mount like K-Edge.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zoose

by Zoose

Photo from Google since I don't have an Edge 1000

survivor

by survivor

Zoose wrote:Photo from Google since I don't have an Edge 1000

Yes, this is the only one I found as well. I want to find out whether there is any other customization allowed in landscape mode.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

tried it for awhile... then went back to "normal" I don't think there is anything more "special" about landscape mode... other then maybe longer graphs if you are using that kind of thing/display. (but it's been awhile as well)
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

It just looks so wrong lol
Using Tapatalk

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

survivor wrote:Anyone here using their Garmin Edge 1000 in landscape mode?

I tried to google around but didn't find much. How is the data field looks like when using in landscape mode? Are they all in square boxes? Any data field customization available for landscape mode to be similar to SRM PC8? Anyone can share their screenshot would be very helpful.

There is a limitation with current ENVE Garmin mount to use the Garmin Edge 1000 vertically thus I am thinking to use it in landscape mode. I am using the ENVE SES Aero road bar with ENVE stem thus there is really no room left for other 3rd party Garmin mount like K-Edge.

lots of mounts have a couple screws.. rotate the inner portion and you can go landscape.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

survivor

by survivor

spdntrxi wrote:lots of mounts have a couple screws.. rotate the inner portion and you can go landscape.

I know I can mount the Garmin in landscape. I just want to know how the interface looks like in landscape mode. Like the one shown above, I would like to know what other customization is available on the screen in landscape mode.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

same as other... decide how many boxes and fill them w/data. I can only see landscape being advantageous if you use the mapping type features all the time.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

goodboyr

by goodboyr

survivor wrote:Anyone here using their Garmin Edge 1000 in landscape mode?

Bad news for you. The new ENVE mount does not accommodate landscape mode. The plastic insert is keyed and cannot be rotated. Enve screwed up big time and never tested their new mount with the 1000. So it doesn't fit in vertical mode and cannot accommodate landscape.

survivor

by survivor

spdntrxi wrote:same as other... decide how many boxes and fill them w/data. I can only see landscape being advantageous if you use the mapping type features all the time.

Thanks for the inputs. Since Garmin Edge 1000 is kinda long vertically (112mm), it would be weird (just based on my personal preference) to mount it in normal position anyway. So why not explore landscape mode, maybe it is the way to go. Looking at the new SRM PC8, which is wide as well (71mm) although not as wide, but still looks good on the bike.

survivor

by survivor

goodboyr wrote:Bad news for you. The new ENVE mount does not accommodate landscape mode. The plastic insert is keyed and cannot be rotated. Enve screwed up big time and never tested their new mount with the 1000. So it doesn't fit in vertical mode and cannot accommodate landscape.

Man...this is really bad news for me considering I already bought the ENVE mount.

Looks like I will have to either have to go with Edge 810 which has immediate stock or the newer Edge 520 which I still need to wait for a week or two.

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

I don't know if you've seen a photo of the Garmin 1000 on the Enve stem / mount...it does work, it's just a bit tight. Functions ok though, just a bit of rub when mounting / dismounting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Parlee Z-Zero DADi2 & ENVE (6.2kg)
2015 Colnago C60 RSWH Campag Chorus & Mavic SLR (c.7kg)

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Just a "bit" of rub? That doesn't look like you could easily twist it to get it in or out without seriously forcing it somehow which I'm sure will lead to early breakage of either the tabs on the 1000 or the mount itself. Would a K-Edge XL mount work on that system. It's what i use, it's solid and straight and not plastic. Got rid of the Garmin mounts and Barflys I had before.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

greentimgreen wrote:Image

I don't know if you've seen a photo of the Garmin 1000 on the Enve stem / mount...it does work, it's just a bit tight. Functions ok though, just a bit of rub when mounting / dismounting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he's trying to use it with enve aero bar.. Not a standard bar.. But it "should" work.. You would think
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

survivor

by survivor

greentimgreen wrote:I don't know if you've seen a photo of the Garmin 1000 on the Enve stem / mount...it does work, it's just a bit tight. Functions ok though, just a bit of rub when mounting / dismounting...

Thanks for the photo!!! It really helps!

I think the ENVE mount should be good for Garmin Edge 1000 based on the photo. Removing it may be a little bit challenging but hopefully the mount won't block the charging port thus no reason to remove it.

P/S: I like the solution of the spacer Di2 junction mount. Looks neat. Do you mind to send another photo from the side just to have a good look at the Di2 mount? Is it straight or angled?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com