Dura Ace 9000 next update?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

itguy

by itguy

Are there any rumours or news about the next update for Dura Ace?

Was planning on getting the DA9000 but this was launched almost 4 years ago... :|

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Horze

by Horze

Debut was Summer of 2012. Barely 3 years now. Not 4 years.

I'll let you in on a secret. I still haven't got over 7900 yet. Don't know what your rush is.

Expect a new grouppo in 2017/18.
7x Forum Racing Ban Champion.

dvdslw

by dvdslw

I would like to see Shimano update their wheels with a wider C24, C35, and C50 clinchers plus make them all tubeless compatible, not just the C24's. The groupset is pretty damn good as is but I'd bet they're working on a wireless Di2 to compete with Sram.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

We should expect a group with complete hydraulic braking options in the next update.

It may mean Shimano ditching cabled brakes if they do not want to increase their inventory requirements of having parallel cable and hydraulic brake systems. Or if they do, it would mean 4 sets of DA level shifters.
Di2 Hydro brakes and Cable, Mechanical Dura-ace Hydro brakes and cable. Pretty hard for inventory upkeep and production if you ask me...

Expect thru-axle hubs, most probably 12mm standards front and rear. Possibly 135mm rear spacing or even 142mm ( which may pose some issues ). I would think its a 2017 product with a industry preview by March 2016. Grand Tour, pro-team debut by early June 2016.

Well, that's what I would expect from their usual product cycles and schedules. Its pure speculation at this point in time of course.

srshaw

by srshaw

Da 7900 only lasted 4 years, and probably wasn't the best, previous iterations have all lasted longer. I think 9000 will be around for a while now. 5800 105 which is based on it has only just come out.

It would be cool if the next mechanical da is hydraulic though.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

So this is how people jump Sram E´tap and Rotor Uno....
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Jcgill

by Jcgill

What does everyone speculate will happen with rim brake frames if/when hydro discs take over on road bikes?
As stated by a previous poster there would need to be 4 different levers to work with all different setups...

Will shimano make a hydro rim caliper?
Or will all of our rim brake frames become paper weights?

Horze

by Horze

maxxevv wrote:...
Expect thru-axle hubs, most probably 12mm standards front and rear. Possibly 135mm rear spacing or even 142mm ( which may pose some issues ). I would think its a 2017 product with a industry preview by March 2016. Grand Tour, pro-team debut by early June 2016.

Well, that's what I would expect from their usual product cycles and schedules. Its pure speculation at this point in time of course.

uraqt

by uraqt

You think they could fix the cassette or is that to much to ask?

C

jeffy

by jeffy

GS RD pls.

Horze

by Horze

This isn't a frigging request thread.

Grill

by Grill

Jcgill wrote:What does everyone speculate will happen with rim brake frames if/when hydro discs take over on road bikes?
As stated by a previous poster there would need to be 4 different levers to work with all different setups...

What a joke. Rim brakes aren't going anywhere.

Stueys

by Stueys

I didn't really get the point of hydro rim brakes to be honest. Thru axle seems to be converging on 12mm, which has taken some time but great. Can't see much reason to move from 135mm spacing though.

rms13

by rms13

Grill wrote:
Jcgill wrote:What does everyone speculate will happen with rim brake frames if/when hydro discs take over on road bikes?

I haven't tried discs but I can't find a compelling reason to go away from rims on road bike

Grill

by Grill

rms13 wrote:
Grill wrote:

I haven't tried discs but I can't find a compelling reason to go away from rims on road bike

Exactly. For every person that feels they need disc brakes, there are loads more that either A) know how to properly control a bike or B) have never felt their brakes to be inadequate. This is why there will always be a market for them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com