Adamo Saddle Question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

samyoooo

by samyoooo

Hello.. Not sure if there is a certain forum for this on here but anyway...

About the Adamo, (Im a Road TTer not a Triathlete) I keep scooching back on it when I do my hip angle closes, and cadence slows and then it feels too wide, and I'm sure it creates tension in my low back and also my shoulder angle opens more when i sit right on the nose of it then it feels like the saddle is too low and feels like alot more weight on the front end, would highering the saddle allow me to sit towards the nose the saddle

If I move it back I will get the same affect, closed hip angle open shoulder angle, cadence drop etc?

I am 1cm lower then what my retul fit put me at and a tilt of the adamo is currently at 2 degrees the retul put me at 5degree down tilt because it felt uncomfortable but I didnt give it a good try on the road

Would going back to the retul fitting 1cm higher saddle, prevent me sliding back on the adamo? I think the moving forward and back is whats causing me chaffing close to the bones to the front closer to the manhood, the pubic rami I think. ~The rubbing/chafing is on the soft tissue a bit narrow/more in front right in the lower groin that attaches to my ballbag of the pubic rami I have a line that looks like the adamo slicing in.

Chammy cream does not help at all

Video of retul fitting position

http://www.dailymotion.com/...0150113-111206_sport

retul fitting info

http://www.scribd.com/...kiia-F1-ZERO-Sam-pdf

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

Which Adamo are you on? If it's the Road or Racing you might find it easier to get the right angle on a Prologue/Breakaway/PN1.1/Attack
Also - if you can position the saddle with correct setback but have the clamp at the back of the rails - using a hefty zip tie on the front of the rails can narrow the prongs a decent amount - which makes a big difference for a lot of people.

I can't see the video so it's hard to figure out why you're sliding back. But it sounds like nose down is not working for you. Liking an Adamo is often very dependent on playing with the tilt.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tinozee

by tinozee

I have the Breakaway front tilted up a little and have full range of positions. Breakaway fits best for me but Attack is good if I am in drops whole time.

samyoooo

by samyoooo

Video:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2empu ... 1206_sport

I currently have it 1cm lower than that in the video, and a tilt of 2 degrees.

In the video/retul fit had it at 5 degrees down. But that was because the saddle felt high but I didnt really give it a good test.

samyoooo

by samyoooo

bump

Philbar72

by Philbar72

I’m on the attack and have just adjusted it to around -1 degrees, against its old flat profile. It now feels so much better. I do have it offset to zero degrees against my seat post (the tmr01 has a seatpost that goes either -30 -15 or +/- 0 degrees. When I had it flat I was scooching around a bit and that caused some minor issues.

Note I’m not saying what I’ve said is gospel, but it works for me. At least so far it does!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MikeDee

by MikeDee

I had the Cobb Randee, which is similar in shape to the Adamo. I ultimately found it uncomfortable for me. It felt like I was sitting on my hamstrings and this causing some comfort issues. I figured out that I needed to push it back more on the rails so I was sitting on a narrower part of the saddle. I experimented with tilt as well. Comfort improved, but I was experiencing crotch pain because of wide width of the nose. Sent the saddle back for a refund. Too bad because it got rid of the sit bone pain I was experiencing on long rides.