Is my calculator wrong...??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Poulidor

by Poulidor

Guys, please help me out here. I'm in the process of getting a new bicycle :roll: Now, I've been adding and something doesn't seem to square out. Titanium frame (Moots or Seven) 3.5lbs. Campagnolo Super Record group 4.1lbs. Fork Enve 2.0 12 ounces. Parts (stem, post, bars) Deda alloy 1.7lbs. custom wheels alloy 3.5lbs. TOTAL: 13 pounds...!!! There's got to be something wrong here. What do you think...? Thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

It'll be easier to find a complete build spreadsheet than do it on a calculator.

You've probably missed a few bits, the spreadsheet will have them on, i'm sure someone will post a link to one soon.

(Saddle, bartape, pedals, cables, grease, bottle cages just for starters)

rms13

by rms13

tires, tubes, cables, bar tape etc.

Poulidor

by Poulidor

Thank you, yes, there a few bits and pieces that I"m not contemplating. But I'm still surprised that a Ti frame with alloy parts can weigh less than 15lbs. Even if it's 15lbs flat...!!!

mattr

by mattr

Well, TBH, the bits already listed are probably knocking on the door of 1,25 kilos, so that's nearer 16 lbs already. And i'm sure you'll find some more bits to add

Marin

by Marin

I have a 7.2kg steel bike, and I didn't even try to make it extra light. 15lbs ti should be no problem.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

1. Lots left out.
2. Metric please. That's the WW way.
3. Find a complete build list as an example.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

savechief

by savechief

You're probably missing about 3 pounds of stuff there between tires, tubes, rim tape, pedals, bar tape, saddle, cables, headset and skewers. Add that to 13.55 pounds of stuff you've already listed, and you've got a near 17 pound bike.
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

Spincycle

by Spincycle

I'm working on a Ti build now. You're welcome to use my spreadsheet. I've posted it here-

http://tinyurl.com/oul6g2e

15 lbs (6.8 kg) isn't too hard to reach.

Poulidor

by Poulidor

Spincycle wrote:I'm working on a Ti build now. You're welcome to use my spreadsheet. I've posted it here-

Awesome...!!!! Thank you so much. As a matter of fact, I've been debating about which frame to buy. My favorite bicycle is my Vamoots SL (6/4), and I want another Ti frame. I've been considering another Moots (SLR), a Seven, a Hampsten, or an Ericksen. I'll contact Ericksen on Monday. Thank you so much.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Spincycle

by Spincycle

Jacqueline wrote:
Spincycle wrote:I'm working on a Ti build now. You're welcome to use my spreadsheet. I've posted it here-

Awesome...!!!! Thank you so much. As a matter of fact, I've been debating about which frame to buy. My favorite bicycle is my Vamoots SL (6/4), and I want another Ti frame. I've been considering another Moots (SLR), a Seven, a Hampsten, or an Ericksen. I'll contact Ericksen on Monday. Thank you so much.

You are quite welcome, hope it helps. I found it very useful to compare different builds and options.

Seven and Firefly are in my neck of the woods and were on my short list for a Ti frame. In the end, Kent impressed me with his legendary history, award winning designs, and most importantly, his accessibility. He calls regularly throughout the design process, listens, adjusts, and refines the design until we're both happy with it. Tell him #1013 sent you if you do check in!