New Cipollini

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

michel2

by michel2

kgt:
cipo is not the only one my mate had a gt with some proprietary design seatpost clamp that failed and you guessed it, none available none !
now, im all for experimenting and going forward, but i yet have to crack a seatpost clamp, im 193 cm and no fly weight and been on bikes for wel over 35 years.
i have no, absolutely no time for anyone who chooses to do a seatpost clamp different but then fails at doing it properly.
such item is ment to be a non existent, its a simple straight forward concept basta, and if you fail at that then perhaps one should reconsider what there doing, i mean what the added value of a proprietary clamp ? im sure customers are happier with standard sizing so they can buy stock clamps, and decided whether they wanted to go all out and flash or just straight forward but at least have something they know can be replaced if need be.
im not trying to pick on someones new ride, just sick of the bullshit engineering in this industrie

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cymans

by cymans

Kgt, i wish i could share the build, but i'm having trouble posting photo's on here.....never was a problem before !
Maybe i might use a host photo site..Photobucket ?

Cyman.

cymans

by cymans

Great thanks, i will do it soon :-)

DavidMLee

by DavidMLee

Seems kinda heavy to me. Even for a aero bike.
However, my colleague who rides MC RB1K says it is a better ride than C60 which is far lighter.
Legend HT 9.5 RED 22
Colnago C60 Super Record
S-Works Tarmac 2016 eTap
S-Works Tarmac 2015 DA
Cervelo R3 2015 UT
Cervelo S2 2014 UT
Spesh Venge Elite 105

maverick_1

by maverick_1

As an owner of both C60 and RB1k, have to agree that the Cipo is a better ride.

Back on topic..any reviews on the NK1K yet?

newforker

by newforker

kgt wrote:@HammerTime2
a. That's not the norm. I never had any issues communicating with my Cipo dealer or the Cipo hq through their site, their facebook page etc. Their response was always prompt.
b. Keeping production in Europe is a much more important value for me.

@KWalker
That's because the production is low. Small companies cannot have the stock to fill every dealer's shop obviously.

Doubt that shops do not stock them because production is low.

That is a very cheap cop-out to be honest.

If the demand for Cipo frames was so great that every shop wanted to stock X amount, production would be ramped up very quick.

It is all about the dollars, the cycling industry is no different. If you think Julio Fanguillio making the frames cares about you caring about the passion and expertise that goes into laying up a carbon bike you are dead wrong.

That being said, as a dealer, stocking high-end framesets is hit or miss.

So many different colour options and sizes that you might get a customer walk in and they need Y size in A colour but you have Z size in B colour. So you either push them on what you have in stock,be sleezy about it, or you pony up and order in a new frameset.

kgt

by kgt

I never said the demand for Cipollini frames is great, I just realize it is bigger than it used to be a couple of years ago. The new NK1K is among the 'bikes of the year', even the 'desire objects of the year' in several magazines.

Considering your comments... that's a way of thinking but not all dealers or manufacturers think like you do (hopefully).

kgt

by kgt

NK1K among the 5 of the world's most exclusive road superbikes.
According to bikeradar:

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/arti ... 016-46040/

mimason

by mimason

^Fluff entertainment. None of those bikes were even reviewed on their own site. Not saying the NK1K isn't awesome, but that it was not even ride reviewed by BikeRadar.

garlet

by garlet

Cipollini is awesome bike!
No does not seem to replace any of the existing models.