Campagnolo EPS V3 here

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

liam7020

by liam7020

So far I've only seen Campag's own photographs of the V3 battery in which the RD, FD and interface cables all look extremely short. Am I correct in assuming that these are only stylized publicity photos and the cables on the V3 battery are a similar length to those on the previous V2 battery?
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

No, all the cables on the PU have in fact been lengthened relative to a v2 battery. The interface cables are unchanged for length. You should only need an Interface extension cable in cases of extremely large, or long frames, or for specific cases like tandems, where extensions have always been required in any case.

HTH
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

liam7020

by liam7020

Many thanks for that info.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

cymans

by cymans

Does anyone know when the V3 DTI and battery will be available ?

Cyman

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Good question! I have been looking all over the internet to no avail. I would love to buy a power unit and harness to convert my v2 to the newer v3. Any help would be much appreciated.

jimborello

by jimborello

If you already own the V2 why change to v3 if you already have it installed?? V2 is good enough I have it on my bike and it is pretty much set and forget

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

My Super Record EPS V2 group set is not yet installed. I am building up a new Colnago C60. I want the V3 because of its ease with which it charges the battery. Shimano really has Campagnolo beat in this area. For a multitude of reasons I prefer to put the battery/power unit in the seat post rather than frame seat tube.

Anyone know where I can buy one??

karmaz

by karmaz

jimborello wrote:If you already own the V2 why change to v3 if you already have it installed?? V2 is good enough I have it on my bike and it is pretty much set and forget

As a v2-owner I'm looking forward to upgrading to v3 (praying it works with Chorus!). Doing away with the charging port is a big deal for me as well as being able to program the shifters yourself via the app.

LionelB

by LionelB

Any plans by Garmin to display the gear you are in on the Edge series ?

Birdman

by Birdman

karmaz wrote:...As a v2-owner I'm looking forward to upgrading to v3 (praying it works with Chorus!).....

I thought V3 will only work with Record and Super Record. No Chorus or Athena compatible version of V3 available.
Cervelo R3 MUD ~ viewtopic.php?f=10&t=136544
Specialized Allez Gold ~ viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134419

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

The Chorus connectors are not nearly the same. They are the same as the older Athena EPS system and from my understanding they are compatible, but certainly not compatible with the more expensive Record/Super Record systems.

Bourquek

by Bourquek

I'm a V2 owner thinking of going to V3. But, I'm not sure what to do about the hole that was drilled into my seat tube to accommodate the charging port. Does Campy provide a rubber plug or anything else to cover the hole??

Bourquek

by Bourquek

nlouthan wrote:Starbike has V3 battery in stock now

I just checked Starbike and it says on order delivery date unknown. Does this mean they sold all of them already!?

Birdman

by Birdman

Bourquek wrote:I'm a V2 owner thinking of going to V3. But, I'm not sure what to do about the hole that was drilled into my seat tube to accommodate the charging port. Does Campy provide a rubber plug or anything else to cover the hole??

Get a Di2 plug set, cheaper, easier to find, they all do the same thing.
Cervelo R3 MUD ~ viewtopic.php?f=10&t=136544
Specialized Allez Gold ~ viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134419

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Bourquek wrote:
nlouthan wrote:Starbike has V3 battery in stock now

I just checked Starbike and it says on order delivery date unknown. Does this mean they sold all of them already!?

I don't think the V3 has been released. Saw that too on the Starbike site -- then a week later changed availability status to "on order"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com