Campagnolo EPS V3 here

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Velomine in Chicago has the V3 in stock!

http://www.velomine.com/index.php?main_ ... ts_id=3793

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maverick_1

by maverick_1

Damn....I'm impressed!

http://cyclingtips.com/2016/03/campagno ... campy-app/

Styles: There are three preset styles — Race, Sport and Comfort — that provide different combinations of the system’s various settings. For example, the Race style employs the fastest shift settings with ten-gear multishifting; by contrast, the Comfort style offers slower shifting and no multishifting. Users elect one of these styles for their system, or they can create a custom style.

Multishifting: Campagnolo was the first company to include multishifting as part of the programming for its electronic groupset, whereby the rear derailleur continues up- or down-shifting according to how long the button/lever is held. My EPS allows the user to specify the maximum number of gears (1-10) for a multishift along with the amount of lag (0-0.6s) before a multishift is initiated.

Shift Assist: This is a new function for EPS that has been introduced with My Campy, demonstrating how the app can be used to program the groupset. The aim of Shift Assist is to preserve the rider’s cadence as they shift between the chainrings, so it automatically operates the rear derailleur every time the front derailleur is used. Thus, when a rider shifts from the small ring to the large, Shift Assist directs the rear derailleur to shift to a larger cog. Likewise, Shift Assist instructs the rear derailleur to shift to a smaller cog when the rider shifts to the small ring. My EPS allows the rider to choose how many cogs (0-3) the rear derailleur will shift during this process.

Shift Settings: There are three control panels for Shift Settings, one for each derailleur and another for the shifters. Users have a choice of three modes of operation for each derailleur — hard/normal/soft — that vary according to how much power is supplied by the system. Thus, hard mode uses 100% power compared to 80% for normal mode and 60% for soft. Users are also able to change the function of the shifter controls, with a choice of six modes:

Standard mode: left control, front derailleur; right control, rear derailleur. Levers, upshift; thumb buttons, downshift.
Inverted standard: left control, front derailleur; right control, rear derailleur. Levers, downshift; thumb buttons, upshift.
Sprinter mode: levers, rear derailleur; thumb buttons, front derailleur. Left, downshift; right, upshift.
Inverted sprinter: levers, front derailleur; thumb buttons, rear derailleur. Left, downshift; right, upshift.
Right hand only: lever, rear derailleur upshift; thumb button, rear derailleur downshift; mode button, front derailleur. No function for left hand lever and buttons.
Left hand only: lever, rear derailleur upshift; thumb button, rear derailleur downshift; mode button, front derailleur. No function for right hand lever and buttons.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

The most advanced electronic shifting system. Then they have the app... Impressive job.

maverick_1

by maverick_1

I wonder what would be Shimano's answer to Campy's EPS V3..wireless maybe?

spartan

by spartan

impressive customization butttt

this is very disturbing.

Each DTI has a unique device number so a specific system can be selected during pairing but there was no security to safeguard access to any given groupset. I was told that only one device could communicate with a groupset at a time though.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Well I had the opportunity to try it yesterday here
Apart from hitting the wall from Colle d'Elsa to San Gimignano (this was the longest ride of the season so far and I was short on food), the system is nothing short of astonishing.

I have some more days on it now, I'll keep reporting

Ritxis

by Ritxis

XCProMD wrote:The most advanced electronic shifting system. Then they have the app... Impressive job.

The most advanced electronic shifting system???? Why?? by the app???

When one climber and sprinters controls?? Style Sram eTap "Blips" and Shimano R600/R610

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

XCProMD wrote:Well I had the opportunity to try it yesterday here
Apart from hitting the wall from Colle d'Elsa to San Gimignano (this was the longest ride of the season so far and I was short on food), the system is nothing short of astonishing.

I have some more days on it now, I'll keep reporting

Holiday or do you live there? Jealous either way!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

maverick_1 wrote:...Shift Assist: This is a new function for EPS that has been introduced with My Campy, demonstrating how the app can be used to program the groupset. The aim of Shift Assist is to preserve the rider’s cadence as they shift between the chainrings, so it automatically operates the rear derailleur every time the front derailleur is used. Thus, when a rider shifts from the small ring to the large, Shift Assist directs the rear derailleur to shift to a larger cog. Likewise, Shift Assist instructs the rear derailleur to shift to a smaller cog when the rider shifts to the small ring. My EPS allows the rider to choose how many cogs (0-3) the rear derailleur will shift during this process....

"Shift Assist". This is what I find so appealing about mechanical, and this is the closest I've seen in an electric system trying to achieve it. I almost always shift front and rear simultaneously, accomplishing exactly what "shift assist" is trying to do. It's instant. I would really hate to have to shift one then the other. It's engrained in how I ride. So, shift assist is a step towards achieving that same thing. But it's still not up to what I can do with mechanical. For instance, with "shift assist" it will now move your rear cog along with the a shift in the chainrings at the front, and it looks like you can program it to move either 0-3 cogs at once. But currently, I have a choice, always, of how many cogs I want to change in order to be where I want. 0,1,2,3... doesn't matter, the motion is the same and the tactile feel allows me to nail it every time, versus holding down a button and hoping I've held it for the right number of milliseconds for it to shift 2, or no wait, 3, no 2 cogs. Or in the case of "shift assist"... to have to accept whatever number from 0-3 is preprogrammed into it.

So, lots more options to be had with V3 as to how you set things up and designate which finger/button you want to do such and such, but I'm good with mechanical, still. Maybe by version 6 they'll have something that makes me think... ok, this actually works better than mechanical, not simply different.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Ritxis wrote:
XCProMD wrote:The most advanced electronic shifting system. Then they have the app... Impressive job.

When one climber and sprinters controls?? Style Sram eTap "Blips" and Shimano R600/R610

I think I don't get your question.. "by the app?" The app is part of what makes the whole thing so amazing. I was playing with some shifting configurations today and, well, a climb shifter could be ok but it doesn't make you faster. The different sprinting configurations plus the Powerdome buttons are definitive for me. I really appreciate and feel inclined towards eTap though, but the tactile feedback isn't as good as Campagnolo's IMO. Then the ability to shift multiple gears by keeping the button pressed and programming the delay time to activate the function is something that works in EPS like in no other system now. It is the faster shifting system, as simple as that

I don't live in Tuscany but in Sweden (the language in the search field reveals it..). But I travel quite a lot for work and quite often to Italy, I just made a Easter stop here as I'm working on the final steps of a cycle related project.

Calnago: I found you can just program the system to shift, for example, 2 gears at the rear while shifting chainrings, then add or take one from your preset just by pressing the right lever simultaneously to the one for the front shifting. The system looks immediately for the new position in both derailleurs without any hesitation. And this is one of the features I like the most actually, nothing comes close to how fast EPS shifts now.

Then there is something that I have been noticing since I started using this bike: The way the chain meshes the cogs while shifting, no matter how many gears you're asking for, is unreal. It feels like a CVT system meaning there is no torque transmission interruption at all, only there is a noticeable "click" coming up the bike when the chain sits in the wanted cog. I don't know if Campagnolo has improved something about the derailleurs but it feels like an improvement to the already excellent EPS... Or could it be this particular derailleur hanger is spot on?

Al i know is I have to have one and I will ASAP.
Last edited by XCProMD on Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

I love elettronic groupset. Now I have a Di2 11s. It is a beautiful groupset, and there is a possibillity of chance the page of the garmin by the hide buttons below the shifters. But now, for the my new bike, since the a new di2 is coming soon, I considered between sram red etap and Campagnolo Super Record Eps V3.

I'm Italian and here it is easy find Campagnolo groupset.

But I chose the Sram Red Etap because it is wireless (this not make me faster but it is nicer), it is lighter and mostly I am scared of a news in the Campagnolo Super Record Eps groupset since it is very long time that there is.
Although I think that the Campagnolo Super Record Eps v3 is a good groupset but both are good groupsets.

I think also the new Sram Red Etap is at the same level and that they have different, but of the same top level, features.
Last edited by REDUTOPIA on Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Calnago wrote:
maverick_1 wrote:...Shift Assist: This is a new function for EPS that has been introduced with My Campy, demonstrating how the app can be used to program the groupset. The aim of Shift Assist is to preserve the rider’s cadence as they shift between the chainrings, so it automatically operates the rear derailleur every time the front derailleur is used. Thus, when a rider shifts from the small ring to the large, Shift Assist directs the rear derailleur to shift to a larger cog. Likewise, Shift Assist instructs the rear derailleur to shift to a smaller cog when the rider shifts to the small ring. My EPS allows the rider to choose how many cogs (0-3) the rear derailleur will shift during this process....

By the description, it sounds like another version of Autotrim and Sequential Shifting ??

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

XCProMD wrote:
Ritxis wrote:

I think I don't get your question.. "by the app?" The app is part of what makes the whole thing so amazing. I was playing with some shifting configurations today and, well, a climb shifter could be ok but it doesn't make you faster. The different sprinting configurations plus the Powerdome buttons are definitive for me. I really appreciate and feel inclined towards eTap though, but the tactile feedback isn't as good as Campagnolo's IMO. Then the ability to shift multiple gears by keeping the button pressed and programming the delay time to activate the function is something that works in EPS like in no other system now. It is the faster shifting system, as simple as that

I don't live in Tuscany but in Sweden (the language in the search field reveals it..). But I travel quite a lot for work and quite often to Italy, I just made a Easter stop here as I'm working on the final steps of a cycle related project.

Calnago: I found you can just program the system to shift, for example, 2 gears at the rear while shifting chainrings, then add or take one from your preset just by pressing the right lever simultaneously to the one for the front shifting. The system looks immediately for the new position in both derailleurs without any hesitation. And this is one of the features I like the most actually, nothing comes close to how fast EPS shifts now.

Then there is something that I have been noticing since I started using this bike: The way the chain meshes the cogs while shifting, no matter how many gears you're asking for, is unreal. It feels like a CVT system meaning there is no torque transmission interruption at all, only there is a noticeable "click" coming up the bike when the chain sits in the wanted cog. I don't know if Campagnolo has improved something about the derailleurs but it feels like an improvement to the already excellent EPS... Or could it be this particular derailleur hanger is spot on?

Al i know is I have to have one and I will ASAP.

Sounds great!! Thanks for sharing your experiences. Can't wait until mine gets delivered!
Question: if you make a change in the app regarding the shifting settings, is it applied immediatly on the bike? (not that I think that I'll change too often once I've found my optimal settings...)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wongman427

by Wongman427

got my V3 but no 27.2mm seat post adaptor to mount the battery. Nuts.