Campagnolo EPS V3 here

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

I translated the German to English below

http://www.tour-magazin.de/eurobike/kom ... 38577.html

CAMPAGNOLO EPS V3 SHOWS AND RELATED APP MYEPS

New to touch this year are scarce on Campagnolo stand. In the palette of the Italian component manufacturer has done at first glance almost nothing, eventually the groups were also recently renovated. But a highlight there is still to be seen: With the free app MyEPS can be many gadgets with the new EPS-circuits do. Inspire the many possibilities.
The basis for the app a new DTI interface - so called Campagnolo the box at the stem - which now also has a port for recharging the battery. An additional hole in the frame as usual is no longer necessary. The battery has become once again more slender, so that he now some aero frame fits into the very flat seat tubes. That's it with the changes to the EPS versions of Super Record, Record and Chorus in the third generation. But the real highlight is in the interior of the hardware: Using Bluetooth, you can connect the circuit with a laptop, tablet or smartphone, the associated app MyEPS is a diagnostic, setup and analysis tool with enormous range of functions.

Only the design of the small DTI unit sitting on the handlebar or stem, has changed dramatically in the V3. She now has a charger interface and Bluetooth, making communication with devices possible.Only the design of the small DTI unit sitting on the handlebar or stem, has changed dramatically in the V3. She now has a charger interface and Bluetooth, making communication with devices possible.
© Jens Klötzer

Thus, for example, change the assignment of the control knobs. There are six different preset configurations, for example, which allow both switching components with only one hand to operate (the Mode button on the inside of the lever then solves the derailleur from), or the rear derailleur with the finger levers to steer left and right, while the derailleur is operated with the thumb levers.

In addition, the speed of both motors can individually adjust servo, which has the effect that feel the shifts and direct harder or softer and smoother. The multi-shift function that allows the shifting through several sprockets with a push of a button, can also speed, configure the maximum number of pinion and the delay time after the first shift.

During the trip, for example, a display of the selected gear and the currently launched translation possible, which can be mirrored also by ANT + on a cycling computer. An integrated counter displays the previously made shifting of rear derailleur and derailleur. With GPS connection can be after driving evaluate which routes and at what points they had launched what translation. A diagnostic tool is integrated, which checks the operational readiness and informs the defect of a component it.

© Jens Klötzer
The app will initially be available for free for Android, the operation is self-explanatory and easy. Older EPS circuits can be upgraded, but you needed then the new power unit (battery) and the DTI box with the wireless technology.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Oh, oh..........looks like shimano has some catching up to do...Bluetooth, regular Ant+ instead of proprietary Ant, more adjustments possible, making use of mode buttons.....c'mon shimano, step it up!

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Instead of waiting for Shimano to catch up I'll just upgrade my EPS bikes.

Hats off again, Campagnolo.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Lol......nasty.....

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Really? Well, sorry for that, then.

bfno

by bfno

So does this mean we can upgrade from V2 to V3 just by switching the junction?
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

ferrarista

by ferrarista

bfno wrote:So does this mean we can upgrade from V2 to V3 just by switching the junction?

You will have to upgrade the interface and charger.
██

solarider

by solarider

I was an EPS early adopter (stupidly as it now turns out). I have been rewarded for this with 3 incarnations in 4 years. Should have gone Shimano from the start. Doh!

This looks good, but should have been V2, not V3. They really should never have expected people to drill a now redundant charger hole in their frames, or spec'd an additional charger hole in a new frame. With eTap, it looks like any shifter holes will soon be redundant anyway.

I don't see this as a leap ahead as much as a catchup.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

I'm more interested to see the size of the new battery.. Campagnolo pretty well eliminated themselves from alot of frames with the size of their battery.... and the fact that who wants to drill a hole in a $5000 framset!!

bfno

by bfno

Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

jimborello

by jimborello

Damn it Damn it Damn it!! Yesterday I received a notification that my new EPS v2 battery was shipped to me. So now my new stuff is old news again =(

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Nice... looks like that battery will fit nicely into the new Cannondale EVO with the smaller seat tube diameter!! :)

uraqt

by uraqt

Really who cares until it's wireless its a wast of time...

Come on I am campy guy forever, cut me and I bleed white lithium grease, all of my bike are campy and will be cable campy ...... but Campy just doesn't have the resources to keep up Shimano and SRAM....

it is pathetic that this is the upgrades for 2016... and the idea of having a battery in your frame is just crazy....

SRAM wireless is the future and Shimano and Campy are behind and in trouble ...I am guessing that Shimano has something in the wings but the patent thing might be an issue as is was for SRAM.... 40 LBs of paper that sucks big time wonder they all suck, they have to wast a lot of resources designing around patents.

C

PS not being able to program anything on SRAM is a big issue for me... sucky I want paddle opposite of what SRAM programed them WTF

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

solarider wrote:I was an EPS early adopter (stupidly as it now turns out). I have been rewarded for this with 3 incarnations in 4 years. Should have gone Shimano from the start. Doh!

This looks good, but should have been V2, not V3. They really should never have expected people to drill a now redundant charger hole in their frames, or spec'd an additional charger hole in a new frame. With eTap, it looks like any shifter holes will soon be redundant anyway.

I don't see this as a leap ahead as much as a catchup.

Spot-on.

Mr Campagnolo is really good at pissing around his customers. After a while it gets very tiresome and customers become alienated.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Id guess wireless 12 spd is next seeing how there has been no real advance on the EPS side lately...all V3 really did was put them in the market for the battery to fit all the frames it never could!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com