Campagnolo EPS V3 here

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Junior7

by Junior7

Someone using chorus EPS v3?

I'm thinking of changing my group and I am thinking of the chorus eps.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

userfriendly

by userfriendly

I don't think there is a Chorus EPS v3 yet. As far as I know v3 was only released for Record EPS and Super Record EPS so far.

I'm hoping they will release it for the next model year, as I've got two bikes with a mix of Athena EPS v1 (shifters, mechs) and Chorus EPS v2 (PU & interface).
Cinelli Saetta 6.5kg - nice and dry weather
Reilly T325 7.3kg - nice weather but windy
Spa Audax 9.1kg - all weather steel beauty
Pinnacle Dolomite 7.9kg - flat-pedal chainguard thing
M∆SON Definition 8.5kg - off-road ... thing

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

morrisond wrote:I have to say I'm seriously impressed with V3. The shifts are beyond instant, extremely clean and the shift assist is pretty neat as well. It's a very solid group and not that hard to figure out at all.

It's actually a lot easier to set up than Mechanical.

It also seems quite quiet on the RD - you can't really hear it shifting, which is not what I recollect from V1 - but I only ever played with V1 on stands.

However I did have Di2 briefly and recall more noise with that.

Great group and highly recomended.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to disengage the rear derailleur if needed - I watched the videos - How much force do you have to apply?

There is no difference in the RD. The amount of noise is the same. You can barely hear it when riding.
You have to hold the chainstay and push with the palm of your hand. It's not something that you would do by accident. In three years (and three EPS bikes) I've never had to do it.

ChanheeLee

by ChanheeLee

If I use v2, there seems to be no will not need to change.

Junior7

by Junior7

v3 is for sale in starbike.

You need to know who is using the chorus.

userfriendly

by userfriendly

Chorus/Athena EPS is not currently compatible with v3, only Record and Super Record. Different connectors.
Cinelli Saetta 6.5kg - nice and dry weather
Reilly T325 7.3kg - nice weather but windy
Spa Audax 9.1kg - all weather steel beauty
Pinnacle Dolomite 7.9kg - flat-pedal chainguard thing
M∆SON Definition 8.5kg - off-road ... thing

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

Can anyone tell me what the diameter of an EPS wire is? Looking for measurements for both the wire itself and the connector. Trying to see if it will fit on my 2016 Evo. Thanks!

Miller

by Miller

The connector is about 7mm diam? There are measurements out there on the web somewhere. It's a teeny bit bigger than the Shimano connector so be prepared to take a file to the frame holes if necessary.

I wish Campag would unify to a single connector system but maybe they are not keen on people mixing and matching components from different groups.

Bourquek

by Bourquek

If anyone is looking for a rubber plug to cover their old EPS V2 charging port when upgrading to V3 then please check this out http://m.ebay.com/itm/301947602506

I'm using it on my bikes seat tube and it covers the V2 charging hole perfectly! The fit is spot on and really snug. It's much much nicer and way more secure than the silicone plug that my LBS put together for me which was way too loose and actually fell out when I was cleaning my bike.

td100

by td100

Has anyone bent there charging pins with V3? the whole design is archaic. They need a USB type plug, pinned plugs went out with the arc!
Colnago C59 Italia
Fondriest TF2 1.0
Time Skylon

doogie2304

by doogie2304

noah had an "ark"

(but thomas edison had an "arc"...)

TimD

by TimD

Just got mine yesterday, Record / Super Record mix. For me, it's a revelation... Since I can only use my left hand, the ability to shift FD & RD from the left lever is amazing. No more pre-2009 levers, no more bar-end FD. My only caveats are the first pairing via Bluetooth took an age: continually had to scan and re-scan before the EPS was seen. The first pairing took around 5 minutes once the EPS was recognised.

Once that was done, the set-up and adjustment was a doddle (I used the Excel Sports video on YouTube).

The MyCampy (ugh) app needs a bit of attention: you can set up custom styles, but you can't delete them; I've set a bike up in Garage, but it doesn't seem to be reflected in the EPS section (I've got 50-34 / 12-27, EPS shows 52-36 / 11-29) and this morning, I can't access the Garage section at all... Must be a problem with Campag's servers...

I suppose the biggest gripe, though, is the cost: £330 for the battery, £200 for the DTI interface... Compared to £85 / £50 for Shimano...

GorrGrimWolf

by GorrGrimWolf

Hi guys,

Recieved a used Record EPS V3 and was playining with My Campy app and the Bluetooth connection. In the app I have been offered a firmware upgrade for V3 interface which I have downloaded and update the interface. After I recieved some information abouth deleting the pairing from my mobile, turning off/on the whole EPS system.

I did this and now I am not able to connect to the EPS by mobile at all. When scanning the EPS is invisible yet the whole system just shifts fine and also remembers the setting from the past. I tried to turn it on/off, disconnect/reconnect all the wires, restarting iPhone and nothing helped.

Is there a way how I can reset the whole system? I zero the system as well. No help there...

Thanks for your advice!

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I had this problem after the last app update. Just close the app, go into the Bluetooth settings on your phone and pair with the EPS using the unique code printed on top of the interface next to the barcode. Once paired, open the app and it should connect straight away. You don't need to do anything on the EPS other than pressing the mode button during this process to keep the system 'live'.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cymans

by cymans

GorrGrimWolf wrote:Hi guys,

Recieved a used Record EPS V3 and was playining with My Campy app and the Bluetooth connection. In the app I have been offered a firmware upgrade for V3 interface which I have downloaded and update the interface. After I recieved some information abouth deleting the pairing from my mobile, turning off/on the whole EPS system.

I did this and now I am not able to connect to the EPS by mobile at all. When scanning the EPS is invisible yet the whole system just shifts fine and also remembers the setting from the past. I tried to turn it on/off, disconnect/reconnect all the wires, restarting iPhone and nothing helped.

Is there a way how I can reset the whole system? I zero the system as well. No help there...

Thanks for your advice!

Hi, If you have upgraded the firmware then go to your bluetooth on your phone and turn off the mycampy app. Then turn it on again and see if the interface recognizes the app. If that dosn't work then delete the campy app and reinstall it.

Hope that helps.

Cyman.