Campagnolo EPS V3 here

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

com

by com

Hi all,

Does anyone know when / where I can get the V3 from in the UK? :thanx:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Wongman427 wrote:got my V3 but no 27.2mm seat post adaptor to mount the battery. Nuts.

I think Starbike has the bottle cage mount in stock -- will the v3 fit in your seat tube?

Bourquek

by Bourquek

I just upgraded to V3 from V2. I drove to an LBS in Santa Cruz last week that installed it for me. FYI, if you run a 90mm stem or smaller then the new control box must be mounted sideways on the stem as it will not fit underneath it due to it's size.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

where was the battery pack mounted -- in the seatpost, or attached to the bottle cage bosses?

Bourquek

by Bourquek

audiophilitis wrote:where was the battery pack mounted -- in the seatpost, or attached to the bottle cage bosses?

My mechanic mounted it inside the seat post. Campy now makes a mount for it to fit in the seat post. It's fairly inexpensive. He then had to use some silver looking washer nuts behind the bottle cage where the bolts screw thru and attaches into the frame when putting my bottle cage back on.

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

I was not able to get the Campy seatpost insert; so I put some foam rubber in the post and then jammed the battery in. I'll replace it when the Campy part is available.

userfriendly

by userfriendly

Does anyone know if there is a v3 power unit & interface for Chorus/Athena EPS planned next year?
Cinelli Saetta 6.5kg - nice and dry weather
Reilly T325 7.3kg - nice weather but windy
Spa Audax 9.1kg - all weather steel beauty
Pinnacle Dolomite 7.9kg - flat-pedal chainguard thing
M∆SON Definition 8.5kg - off-road ... thing

bdb

by bdb

ImageOh Man - it now talks to the new garmin 520s.. How did I miss that.

Might have to upgrade..

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

bdb wrote:ImageOh Man - it now talks to the new garmin 520s.. How did I miss that.

Might have to upgrade..

indeed, time to upgrade to the latest garmin edge...

carlcurry

by carlcurry

Yeah, this is getting more interesting. Thanks for the information.
Back in the day I used both ErgoBrain and FlightDeck. I always thought the gear display was a nice to have. I've been using mechanical Ergo controls for a long time and I still think I can grab a fistful of gears faster than any electronic setup. But being able to tune the shifting might be enough to sway me.
There is still the whole plugging it in thing. The bike has always been my escape from that nonsense. We've already got phones, ipod, ipad, laptops, garmin, usb lights, wireless headsets, wireless controllers, blah, blah, blah. Guess it was inevitable the bike would be another.
Still, I'm no retro-grouch. I did just catch myself browsing and trolling prices on a v3 EPS group...well, honey, there goes that kitchen remodel. Whoops.
Bianchi Infinito CV, Cervelo R3, Giant TCR, Trek Domane SLR, Specialized Allez

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

My V2 is getting upgraded to V3 as I write. I will be sure to report back how it works. I was told they are still making some finishing touches on the phone software.

PrapasR

by PrapasR

Im already got V3 Interface from BikeBug Ebay. And waiting PowerUnit , Seatpost Adapter , Charger for 1 month or more :(

PrapasR

by PrapasR

carhillclimb

by carhillclimb

I am a Shimano di2 user asking questions.
Does Shift Assist require V3 meaning it requires Record or Super Record at this time? Or will the MyCampy app also do that on V2?

And rear 3 cogs is the current limit on Shift Assist? My setups would like more, but 3 is better than 0. (The aging ECMO man uses 24-44 or 26-46 chainrings on di2 at this moment.)

Can the front derailleur shift throw be adjusted the way it can on di2? See above; my rings are spaced a bit wider than standard.

And there is an option on Campy eps for aero bar shifter as well as the road bar shifters?

I use cable campy 11 on many bikes including my sub-5kg Photon with clinchers, triple chainrings and aero bars.

Michael Wilson
Michael Wilson

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morrisond

by morrisond

I have to say I'm seriously impressed with V3. The shifts are beyond instant, extremely clean and the shift assist is pretty neat as well. It's a very solid group and not that hard to figure out at all.

It's actually a lot easier to set up than Mechanical.

It also seems quite quiet on the RD - you can't really hear it shifting, which is not what I recollect from V1 - but I only ever played with V1 on stands.

However I did have Di2 briefly and recall more noise with that.

Great group and highly recomended.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to disengage the rear derailleur if needed - I watched the videos - How much force do you have to apply?