Eurobike 2015

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Those "Bike Ahead" carbon spoked wheels look well weapon.
http://www.tour-magazin.de/eurobike/kom ... 38595.html
Anyone know any more?

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Yes, they cost alot (3700 euro) and when i asked last year they told me they would make them in a rim brake version.
But i wonder if that will happen!?
25mm wide i remember and 1100 grams for the disc version.
Don't remember rim depth since it was so long since i talked to them.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wonderman

by Wonderman

uraqt wrote:I am a Sidi nut case, so much so that I dream about going there for vacation and seeing if they will build a last of my foot so I can have custom just like the pros... : ) and I have a pair so old that they fit like custom : )

I have read that you can send your old Sidi in and that they will rebuild them, but I am afraid that I will loose mine in shipping.. : )

C

Any more info on this? I have a two week old pair of sidi wires that I ruined in a crash and would very much like them repaired.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Well I will have to try those new vittoria corsa tyres. The corsa is already my favourite tyre but a tub less version mean I can ride it in winter. Yippee

sanrensho

by sanrensho

Re: Vittoria

Looks like they have made some major changes to the tire lineup.

Diamante road clinchers are no more (I personally love the Pro Light as a front tire) and only Corsa and Corsa Speed (23c only!).

Corsa CX appears to be gone.

GaryOS

by GaryOS

I've already emailed my local distributor to see when I get get a pair of 25c Corsas.

They definitely have made major changed to their line-up. I was looking at the website quite a lot last week, it looks very different today

uraqt

by uraqt

I think Vittoria changing the line is a big deal, bigger than etap.....

C

uraqt

by uraqt

from 2008

"From Competitive Cyclist website:
""One final note on the Genius 6.6 Carbon , which holds meaning when considering any Sidi shoe. All Sidi shoes are fully repairable and all small parts on them are fully replaceable. Even if you tear the Lorica on your shoe, Sidi can repair it quickly and inexpensively. Once you find the right shoe and the right fit, it's not unheard of to keep a pair of Sidis for a decade's worth of riding. As wear and tear (and accidental damage) happen to your shoes, Sidi will be there to nurse your original shoes back to health."""

cdtf

by cdtf

Nothing new from Schmolke.

I'm a bit disappointed, as I really love the brand, and they did not release anything in a long, long time.

A beautiful setback seatpost, a collar clamp, or even a stem would have been so nice.

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

Really curious about the Vittoria stuff, I'd love to see it tested against a Specialized Turbo Cotton and a Conti Supersonic.

kgt wrote:@BeeSeeBee
lol
Read who Dimitris Katsanis, the guy behind some of the fastest frames in the world during the last decades, is and then we talk again. His work is the reference for GRAM frames btw.

http://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/british-cycling-technical-guru-dimitris-katsanis-appointed-as-consultant-to-uci-equipment-commission.html#7flGXiwhhBFpxjWM.97

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/faculty/engineering/enews/wigginsrecord-1.469923

I know who he is, and I know you love your logical fallacies, this again is an appeal to authority, to one of which I haven't seen any actual tests of his stuff (again race results =! bike performance).

Me on a hybrid beating a guy on a TT bike says nothing about the performance of the bikes, that has to be verified independently of the rider's fitness, but it's clear you've never understood that :roll:

Take aero bikes as a body of evidence, and again, you begin to see a convergence of ideas, his bikes (and wheel) have missed out on a lot of these.

You know I love data, so do you have any to share, or just logical fallacies like usual?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I've got a set of the new Vittoria. Keen to see how they fare.

GaryOS

by GaryOS

Excellent, I can't wait to hear your report. Are the new Vittorias readily available now?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Tinea Pedis wrote:I've got a set of the new Vittoria. Keen to see how they fare.

So many wants....
Using Tapatalk

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

[emoji7] those look so good, can't wait to hear how they ride.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Tinea Pedis wrote:I've got a set of the new Vittoria. Keen to see how they fare.
Is Vittoria Keen a model name? What is it? Where is it described? I don't see anything called Keen on the Vittoria website, even under the graphene models (call me skeptical until conclusive evidence is in that Vittoria's claims on this graphene business is not just a hype job).