Any 'different' looking components? Stem's etc?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Point

by Point

I'm currently looking for some kit for my new ti build, and wondered if there is anything that looks a little different from the norm, but still looks classy.

In a similar vain to the 3t integra stem over the standard style of stems.

Fairly budget friendly for my self, but if anyone knows of anything purely weight weenyish than please do post.

Cheers
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

mimason

by mimason

maybe not what you are thinking but I like Enve components with Ti. Otherwise, Thomson would be cool too.
Last edited by mimason on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rmerka

by rmerka

Syntace has some different stuff and its all of the highwest quality.

acetonehk

by acetonehk

Maybe Canyon or Specialized seatpost for endurance/gravel bike?

Rick

by Rick

I think Thomson silver would look good with a Ti build. Just an opinion. :beerchug:

corky

by corky

Tune

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I think Thomson stuff in black or silver would look great with a Ti build.

Moots also has some nice looking Ti components.

But if your frame is going to be raw titanium and you want to add some cool color, Tune would be an awesome way to go.

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

for me, fizik's cyrano r1 components do the trick: the stem is squared, the seatpost is pretty cool too, decent graphics...

they also have another post called "cyrano 00" with a different head:
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Fizzy seat posts, stems and bars is the "new 3T" in terms of style.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

Why not keep with ti:

Danza

by Danza

For a Ti build, take a look at the ControlTech TiMania components

HeluvaSkier

by HeluvaSkier

Certainly not light... but the Basso Diamante stem looks pretty slick.

http://www.bassobikes.com/en-UK/diamant ... degree.php

Edit: I also like the look of the Ritchey WCS "Classic" bars, stems and seat posts... probably a better fit for a Ti build and will not set you back as much as a full Ti cockpit.

Point

by Point

Thank you for all of the in put!

It looks like there are some great recommendations!

I'm highly considering going with a Thomson stem, as I had already pretty much chosen the Thomson seat post (both in black)...
The Controltech kit look awesome, but I think too much ti could be pushing it. Although that Controltech seatpost looks :shock: !

Frankie - B wrote:Fizzy seat posts, stems and bars is the "new 3T" in terms of style.

You reckon so? I'm already rocking the Fizik shoes, not sure finishing kit would be sensible or I might start to look like a brand whore haha.
Alternatively, I was tempted by the 3t kit, I will already have 3t forks so perhaps a matching stem might work, the weight of the 3t kit is pretty appealing also.

mimason wrote:maybe not what you are thinking but I like Enve components with Ti. Otherwise, Thomson would be cool too.

I wish I could budget for Enve also, however unfortunately I cannot at the moment... I always get the impression it's a little too pricey for what it is though?

HeluvaSkier wrote:Certainly not light... but the Basso Diamante stem looks pretty slick.

http://www.bassobikes.com/en-UK/diamant ... degree.php

Edit: I also like the look of the Ritchey WCS "Classic" bars, stems and seat posts... probably a better fit for a Ti build and will not set you back as much as a full Ti cockpit.

That basso stem looks quite cool, it's a bit different from the norm, it's a shame it's a bit heavier than the rest.

I have actually been considering putting the Syntace flat force stem on, it seems their team have been so could perhaps be an option? I just like the look of it, it's different from the very standard look of a lot of stems...

The ultimate cockpit for me at the moment would probably be the H11 Canyon cockpit, dreams...
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

HeluvaSkier

by HeluvaSkier

I looked at using the Syntace Flat Force stem, but I think it only comes in lengths up to 110mm... I use 120mm on most of my builds, and the one build I do have a 110mm on, has a 1 1/4" fork. It is also a little porky at its longer lengths - so Ti hardware is almost a requirement. I have an F119 on two builds and low it though, so I'm sure it is a great stem.

The canyon cockpit is really nice, but I've always been nervous about dropping big $$$ on an integrated bar and stem and then not liking the lack of adjustment options. I also used internal routing for awhile... hated it. Looks nice. Annoying if you want to change cables, housing, bars... etc.

F45

by F45

Shimano Tharsis Di2 stem. -17 doesn't go over 110mm however.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com