Any 'different' looking components? Stem's etc?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RyanH

by RyanH

This is "different"...and flaccid:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I'd go with the control tech....the matching is "in" right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGW

by AGW

I have a controltech cockpit (non-to) and it's subtle/classic with just enough of a different look to get noticed. Good prices too (via Amazon).

chayanat

by chayanat

EC90?

Point

by Point

HeluvaSkier wrote:I looked at using the Syntace Flat Force stem, but I think it only comes in lengths up to 110mm... I use 120mm on most of my builds, and the one build I do have a 110mm on, has a 1 1/4" fork. It is also a little porky at its longer lengths - so Ti hardware is almost a requirement. I have an F119 on two builds and low it though, so I'm sure it is a great stem.

The canyon cockpit is really nice, but I've always been nervous about dropping big $$$ on an integrated bar and stem and then not liking the lack of adjustment options. I also used internal routing for awhile... hated it. Looks nice. Annoying if you want to change cables, housing, bars... etc.

Reading up on the Syntace Flat Force, some people reckon that the stem is actually 10mm longer than each measurement provided, so if you wanted 120mm you could do by buying the 111mm, so effectively getting a 121mm stem. Quite intrigued by these.

Yeah, I love the aesthetic of the integrated cockpits, but I couldn't justify that kind of money now.

F45 wrote:Shimano Tharsis Di2 stem. -17 doesn't go over 110mm however.

Hmmmm, that looks cool, I'm intrigued!
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

Spincycle

by Spincycle

Starting a Ti build myself, what frame are you building on?
I am opting for the Extralite Hyperstem for its weight weenie qualities, but I think the new stem by TriRig is interesting and unusual, fairly light weight.