Check out the new Cervélo C5

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

notaero

by notaero

Reports of 3800 pounds for an ultegra build is crazy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

For you my paisans.

"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

wingguy

by wingguy

Hmmm. Looks kinda boring. It's like the Cervelo Defy :P

highdraw

by highdraw

wingguy wrote:Hmmm. Looks kinda boring. It's like the Cervelo Defy :P

Endurance bikes are friendly to the riding public and outsell slammed race bikes.
And that's what it is...Cervelo's 're'-emergence into the endurance genre...anybody remember the RS?...albeit with disk brakes. Stack and reach is very Roubaix-esque within a couple of mm's give or take per frame size.

Guess will see how close that edge is feathered relative to the gravel grinder craze with greater tire clearance.
At least by the picture it looks to have a 2 bolt seatpost. ;)
Last edited by highdraw on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmr5555

by tmr5555

cervelo defy indeed :-)

Cervelo, stick to what you know guy.

As a company owned by the owners of Focus who make decent cx bikes, again is this necessary?
Last edited by tmr5555 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

highdraw

by highdraw

tmr5555 wrote:cervelo defy indeed :-)

Cervelo, stick to what you know guy.

Tell that to their bean counters. Cervelo is in business to make money and that genre of bike is too large to ignore. Ask Specialized.

tmr5555

by tmr5555

highdraw wrote:Tell that to their bean counters. Cervelo is in business to make money and that genre of bike is too large to ignore. Ask Specialized.

They don't yell cervelo at all. (as in, if unbranded we could never tell)

rmerka

by rmerka

highdraw wrote:And that's what it is...Cervelo's 're'-emergence into the endurance genre...anybody remember the RS?...albeit with disk brakes. Stack and reach is very Roubaix-esque within a couple of mm's give or take per frame size.

Highdraw, are you calling the RS an endurance bike?

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

My guess is the C series will become their endurance range and the R series will move back towards racier geometry (as the S5 did).

highdraw

by highdraw

rmerka wrote:
highdraw wrote:And that's what it is...Cervelo's 're'-emergence into the endurance genre...anybody remember the RS?...albeit with disk brakes. Stack and reach is very Roubaix-esque within a couple of mm's give or take per frame size.

Highdrama, are you calling the RS an endurance bike?

Please correct me. What would you call the previous gen soft version of the R series with monster head tube length?
PS: reported for your denigration of my user name

rmerka

by rmerka

RS has nearly the exact stack and reach of every current R and S bike except the new S5(2015+). So....I guess then every pro team that's been on them hasn't realized it but they've been racing on endurance bikes. Granted it's not what you'd call aggressive but it's a race geo.

PS: Cool! :thumbup:

highdraw

by highdraw

rmerka wrote:RS has nearly the exact stack and reach of every current R and S bike except the new S5(2015+). So....I guess then every pro team that's been on them hasn't realized it but they've been racing on endurance bikes. Granted it's not what you'd call aggressive but it's a race geo.

PS: Cool! :thumbup:

You are wrong. What a surprise:

viewtopic.php?p=500183

rmerka

by rmerka

RS Measurements

Rca Measurements

Stack and Reach are nearly identical except in the extreme sizes where the XS/48 RS is a little higher in stack and the 61 RS is a little more aggressive than the Rca. Now the RS did have longer chainstays and flexy seatstays designed with races like Paris-Roubaix in mind and it sat on the podium at least once if I remember correctly...sorry I didn't google it, maybe you can do that for me since you seem so good at that Highhorse. So maybe I am wrong and maybe I'm not, what difference does it make?

PS: thanks for the not so subtle condescension. That's the kind of stuff that make people perceive you as jerk Roadworthy, at least me anyway.

tmr5555

by tmr5555

Everyone is right except highdraw.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com