wilier Cento1 SR and Zero 9. Any first hand experience?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

goldielox

by goldielox

looking at getting a new bike and liking the the wilier. thinking the cento1sr and the zero9. anyone have experience with them. ride, quaility ect...

mimason

by mimason

Zero 9 was slotted under the zero 7. Cento1sr is updated for '16 and no longer has ISP post and has some aero qualities blended in the design. Both ride well. I have some friends on them. The Cento1sr is a higher end setup than the 9 and that's the one I would want.
Last edited by mimason on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

Zero9 is a phase-out model, no longer available for 2016

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

What size frame? Was at my LBS talking to the mechanic and there were a few 2015 Zero.7's on the floor. He's a taller guy and noted noticeable flex in the top tube.

He demonstrated by standing over the bike and rocking the handlebars back and forth, bracing the bike between his legs. It was actually pretty alarming how much the size L frame flexed. I could visibly see the top tube flexing from a few feet away. Wasn't the case with the size Small frame. He has noticed it in all of the new Zero.7's he's encountered, not just that one frame.

Albeit, very subjective, but I thought it was worth a mention. No idea as far as comparison to Cento.

tbrix

by tbrix

To add to arizonahalfnhalf's point, Marcel Wust's review of the Zero 7 in the August issue of Pro Cycling magazine noted that the front end was very flexy. His words: "compared to all the other bikes I have ridden downhill with the same sort of aggression, the Zero 7 displays a tangible lack of stiffness in the front end. The more I pushed it into the corners, the more I felt I had to correct the line."

No idea if that's of any relevance to the Zero 9.

kgt

by kgt

It is true that the newer version of zero7 had worst reviews than the first version which was only praised. The lack of front end stiffness is a common issue to every review.
101sr is otoh a frame already designed a few years ago.
So I don't think Wilier has a model that really worths investing right now.

MartyW

by MartyW

Cento1SR looks kinda harsh, but is not really.
Actually if it fits you, it's a nicely balanced bike, stiff enough, comfy enough.
Not very light though..

yongkun

by yongkun

Fragile frame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonnyf

by jonnyf

Forget the Cento and Zero 9 and go for the 2014 Zero 7. Excellent deals to be had right now. The bike is so comfortable and fast it's beyond belief.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com