Threaded PF30 BBs - Good Experiences?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LeDuke

by LeDuke

After a search, I haven't found many reviews of the new TorqTite, KCNC, or Wheels Manufacturing threaded, PF30 BBs.

Until very recently, I've used nothing but either BSA or BB30; I've had great luck with angular contact BB30 bearings in my bikes. Simply clean them out, grease them, reassemble for another couple of months of flawless performance.

But, I just bought a frame with "standard" PF30. And, I want to keep the creaks, groans and hisses to a minimum. Can anyone give me their personal experiences with the above products, or others that I haven't named?

Thanks!

doogie2304

by doogie2304

as i posted on another pf30 thread recently, i built up a focus izalco max four months ago and used a praxis bb converter for my campagnolo record cranks, and it has been absolutely silent (the only thing that creaks is me...). my last bike was a scott addict, also with pf bb, and that needed regular work on the bb to keep it quiet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boots2000

by boots2000

I have had really good luck with Kogel bottom brackets.
They are Press fit with a sleeve rather than threaded.
I have them on three different bikes with three different types of cranksets- they are all smooth and silent.
Specialized Crux PF30 with Specialized BB30 Cranks
Specialized Epic PF30 with SRAM XX1 GXP Cranks
Cervelo S5 with PF30(bbright) and Shimano 9000 Cranks
For reference (and personal standard for quietness) I also have a Ti BSA bike with King BB and Shimano 9000 Cranks

Herb5998

by Herb5998

Using the parlee cups on my PF30 frame. Silent for the last year, although I think I may go with the praxis design in the future as it seems the best campag option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonKarter21

by CrimsonKarter21

I've been using the Wheels Manufacturing threaded adaptor in my Bianchi Sempre for around 7,000 miles now. It is the PF30>Shimano 24mm adaptor and it works like a dream. Lots of wet rides and racing and it's still 100% noise-free. The standard angular contact bearings are also very durable.
I orginally bought the BB as a solution for Sram, but you can buy separate Enduro bearings and convert the BB from Sram to Shimano easily.

fabriciom

by fabriciom

I'm using praxis works pf30 for campagnolo without problems or noises.

Antoine

by Antoine

good experience also with my Wheels MFG

but if your frame is made precisely enough within the tolerance, you can probably use a non threaded PF 30 BB with no issue

doogie2304

by doogie2304

Antoine wrote:but if your frame is made precisely enough within the tolerance

good luck with that... :D

eric

by eric

You can use angular contact BB30 bearings in PF30. I put them in my Epic to cure the creaks, and as a bonus the BB turns more freely than with regular bearings.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com