Canyon in the US?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eagle34

by eagle34

Hi,

The new Canyon Abroad and Ultimate seem really nice, and they're at a great price point, but they don't cater to the US market. Will Canyon ever expand to the US?

53x12

by 53x12

There are a few older threads on this. We are all waiting. Was suppose to happen several years ago. Hasn't happened. Still waiting. Hopefully one day.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=127882&hilit=canyon

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=101528&hilit=canyon

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=65421&hilit=canyon
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

On Nov 19 2009 in Re: Canyon, HammerTime2 wrote:I don't know if Canyon stopped selling to U.S. customers due to legal concerns, but perhaps part of the problem is that Americans have some expectation of at least a basic level of customer service, which based on reports on this board, was rather lacking with regard to serving their American customers (not to mention customers in other countries). So maybe Canyon said, screw those Americans, all they do is bitch, bitch, bitch (like why haven't you delivered the bike I paid for 4 months ago) and maybe some even got so pissed off they sued Canyon for non-performance of their obligations - not necessarily lawsuits due to injuries suffered in a crash from a rider who doesn't know how to use a quick release, or who got burned when they rode with a cafe latte or McDonalds hot coffee in their shorts or under their jersey.

emcardle

by emcardle

Canyon are moving to australia now, so possibly in the coming years.

audiojan

by audiojan

The liability in the US makes it less attractive unless you can make it up in volume without losing profitability… I bet that's why Canyon has decided to stay out of US...
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

53x12

by 53x12

^ Doesn't stop others (much smaller than Canyon) from being in the USA market. So that isn't valid.

Canyon has enough of a trouble getting frames to the rest of the world. Imagine trying to add the USA market. They need to get their production capabilities and logistics up to par before they enter the USA.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

fa63

by fa63

I was riding with a German friend last week, who deals with logistics for European companies selling products in the U.S. I jokingly told him that he should get in touch with Canyon and help bring their bikes here. To my surprise, he said he has actually been trying for a while. But apparently, the owner of Canyon is happy with his market share and doesn't really want to come to the US market and deal with all the headaches that go with that. So imagine a CEO not worried about exponential growth for the company, how refreshing is that? [emoji3]

uraqt

by uraqt

I seriously considered getting a Canyon, but the 6 year warranty scared me off..... I am sure that it's part of why they don't want to deal with the USA...

C

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Locked. Continue in other threads.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com