Focus Izalco Max PF30

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rovaga76

by rovaga76

Hello,

I have a Focus Izalco Max 2015 bike, and it comes with a PF30 bottom bracket. In order to upgrade the bike a cut some weight, I'll change the groupset to Campagnolo Record, however, when choosing the Campy groupset, there're several options for bottom bracket, and I'm not sure which one is the right for my bike.

Options avaialable are:

1. BB30 Ultra-Torque Press Fit 68x42
2. BB30 Ultra-Torque Press Fit 68x46
3. OS Fit BB86-BB92 86.5x41 Ultra-Torque Press Fit
4. BB Right 51 Ultra-Torque Press Fit
5. Record 11 English Thread
6. Record 11 Italian Thread

As I mentioned before, not sure which one it's, but I think is 1 or 2, but any help is welcome.

Regards,

Rodolfo

cl9k24la

by cl9k24la

There's also this, which i recently used on a friends bike that i built up for him. Presses directly into the PF30 bearings....simple and easy.

http://wheelsmfg.com/pressfit-30-adapte ... ranks.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GooseNest

by GooseNest

Number 2 is the one you want for PF30. However, I would go with something else. I am currently using the campy cups on my PF30 frame. I took tons of time to do it right. I applied primer and the appropriate loctite and let it sit with the bearing press for the appropriate amount of time. It worked great for about 8 months and it has now started to creak. I highly recommend the Praxis Works campy adapter. It's a great design from a great and helpful company.

doogie2304

by doogie2304

i built up an izalco max frame with campagnolo record 4 months ago.

having had experience with pf30 bottom brackets before (creaking...), i decided to get this http://www.praxiscycles.com/product/conv-bb-campagnolo/ and so far i haven't had one little squeak! :D

it may add a few grams, but definitely worth it as far as i'm concerned.

good luck with whichever method you choose.

douglas

Pottsy

by Pottsy

Get a praxis BB

isharamet

by isharamet

I'm riding '13 Focus Izalco SL Team 3.0 with Record EPS. Campy PF30 cups started to fall off out of the shell after few hundred kilometers. I've tried re-pressing 'em with Loctite with no luck (if you curious - you can find my last year thread) and finally installed Praxis Conv BB. Since then I had zero problems with my BB.

Denavelo

by Denavelo

Run non campy cranks.... This is weight weenie, not stock weenie. I run campy and there are way better and lighter and stiffer crank options versus campy. I'm on my first set of THm Clavicula cranks and I'm simply a,axed at the ceramic smoothness and stiffness. Next level. I'm running praxis rings and I swear front shifting is on par with electronic now. I used to have to use full fingers to up shift to the big ring. Now I'm using one finger with ease. I sold my SR11 cranks and campy BB years ago. Adapters eventually equate to creaking and noises. Nothing worse in this life than BB noises!
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

rovaga76

by rovaga76

Thanks to everyone for your comments. I'll look for the Praxis recommendation.

acetonehk

by acetonehk

You can check this thread about the battle between Campy UT and PF30
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=93006&start=15

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sover

by sover

no.2 is right